Posts by Pretoriano

I'm also using the "forced EDID" method ,generated by getedid for my TV and AVR (soundbar) and so far had no issues with HDMI sound .

So maybe there's something related to EDID,considering that in your case the "old/different TV" EDID was the culprit.

I wonder if the OP is forcing EDID too and also from a different TV (that would be a big coincidence :D )

Just tested here on my RPi4 8GB and HDMI output works just fine.

Here's my test environment :

Device: RPi4 8GB (with latest eeprom )

LibreELEC : LE11 - master - 02/06/2022 (self built)

Storage: 128GB SSD (USB)

Sound: RPi4 (HDMI)-> Soundbar (HDMI ARC) -> TV (HDMI)

Testing: Kodi UI sounds + Dolby Atmos Demos working OK with both PASSTHROUGH enabled and disabled.

LuRu i'm using the SH1106 (got it from Aliexpress an year ago).

As for the i2c bus (port), setting it to "2" in my config.txt doesn't seem to create any issue/conflict, but iirc people (based on some raspberry pi documentation) recommend to use a bus number higher than "2" because the lower ones might be reserved for other things (e.g. for eeprom).

You may try that approach, but last time i tried (right after the bug was discovered) that approach , it failed to build samba with both 4.15.6 and 4.16 RC1.

I also wondered about the "limited colour range" setting.

On my 10 years old Philips TV i noticed the same behavior as the OP, if i enable limited colour, then Kodi skin looks "washed out" with graysh black.

Also on my TV there's no setting to choose the colour range.It does have a PC Mode which may set the Full RGB, but the TV manual doesn't say anything about it.

mglae i tried with "poweroff" paramater,same result,shutdown.sh doesn't seem to be triggered.

I also added a sleep 20,hoping that will help me catch some journal logs.

shutdown.sh script

journalctrl -f

Description:

During some testing with some of my scripts that i'm running on shutdown and reboot, i noticed that the shutdown.sh script does not work.

shutdown.sh script used for testing:

The command used in the scrip is only used for testing purposes and it's working correctly with the autostop.sh .

Test results:

After several shutdown and reboots, both from Kodi UI and with SSH commands, the shutdown.log it's empty (the file was previously created by autostop.sh).

It seems that it was also discussed here but without any conclusion.

LybsterKodi personally i'm using a cheap armour case and on top of it i have a (expensive, i must admit) Noctua fan without any fan speed control (used to have such a control with the case's original, cinese fans) and it's deadly silent even during the night.

And temperature went down by at least 12°C, sitting around 30°C when idle and around 37°C when using Kodi to watch a movie (1080p at max).

Rpi4 runs at 1800MHz.