Posts by Divemaskstrap

That's the pity of Linux, because the most software is freeware the designers and developers are dependent of crowdfunds and the good will from others. If that stops or the costs are higher than the profits some good projects quit. :(

Anyway, I bought myself an single LCD display from Adafruit with HD44780 driver support. I still have to solder it, apply the LCDproc software, and we're good to go. ;) Then I can also use the Pi without a TV monitor for listing to my music :cool:

Thanks again for your support! :thumbup:

Nope, no go.

Yesterday I had installed Raspbian on my Pi and installed pifacecad on it and that was working. But when I used LCDproc it also worked, but the display was all scrambled and the LCDd command with the config loaded did not stop.

This morning I read a post on raspberrypi.org that OpenLX has suddenly stopped on December 2015 in devolping there Python software pifacecad.

Why do they still ship those hats then, if they don't developing there software anymore :rolleyes:? I asked the store where I bought the PiFace CAD from for a refund. I hope I could exchange it for something else from Adafruit they are still devolping ;)

Here it is:

# SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0-or-later

# Copyright (C) 2009-2014 Stephan Raue ([email protected])

# Copyright (C) 2016-present Team LibreELEC (LibreELEC – Just enough OS for KODI)

################################################################################

# Bootloader configuration - config.txt

################################################################################

disable_splash=1

hdmi_enable_4kp60=1

dtparam=spi=on

dtparam=i2c1=on

# Memory (System/GPU configuration )

# Default GPU memory split - at least 288M is needed for some 4k HEVC files

gpu_mem=320

# For overclocking and various other settings, see:

# config.txt - Raspberry Pi Documentation

# Set 'force_turbo=1' to disable dynamic overclocking and enable overclocking always.

force_turbo=0

# Force HDMI even if unplugged or powered off

# hdmi_force_hotplug=1

# Doesn't sent initial active source message.

# Avoids bringing CEC (enabled TV) out of standby and channel switch when

# rebooting.

hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

# End of default configuration

# Include distribution specific config file if it exists.

[all]

include distroconfig.txt

Da Flex I did what the tutorial told me to. The IR reseiver is working, but the LCD display isn’t. I’ve installed the XBMC LCDproc add-on without any luck. I saw a video on YouTube

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    who had got the PiFace working with XBMC on Raspian. I have asked him for his settings, but no awnser. The video is 5 years old though.

Hi you all,

I have bought a Piface Display and Control 2 for my Raspberry Pi 4. On Raspbian it is working like a charm, but I can't figure out to let it work with LibreElec and the LCDProc add-on.
    I have copied all the useful config.txt settings from Raspbian to LibreElec with no luck. The driver that I use in LCDProc is: lirc
    Can someone help me solve this?

Thanks a lot!

:at: Da Flex: Yeah! The problem is solved!
    I didn't understand why you have the directory /libreelec/ and i don't. But now I know why...
    I had LibreElecc installed from Noobs, and you have it directly installed from the official repo.

Now I did this to, and I added the line:

disable_splash=1

To my config.txt, and now it is gone.
    I followed the instructions from the LibreElec wiki tough. Strange, but anyway it is gone and that's the point. :cool:

hmmm Strange, I don't have a lightning bolt.
    But we don't give up! I keep you posted if it works and that ugly rainbow screen is gone.
    I don't understand why Raspberry did not set a boot screen with there own logo than this ugly thing ;). I would be proud with my company logo :P

It worked for me. :)

Nope, did't work for me tough.
    But I saw at Redit that it could be something of a to low voltage adapter used on the Raspberry PI. I use a 2.5 amps adapter.
    They say that the rainbow boot screen is also a warning screen from the Raspberry for things like: to low of voltage, to high of temperature etc..
    I have bought the original adapter yesterday for my Raspberry, and I hope it will be delivered tomorrow so I could test it.
    I let you know if that was the problem; ;) Cheers!

Hi you all,

I have solved it!
    The problem was due to the refresh rate setting in Kodi.
    First I used a Samsung smart TV which is much smaller than my TV in the living room. Samsung supports a much higher refresh rate than the Medion TV. So I have connected the Pi back to the Samsung and set the refresh rate from 30fps to 60fps. And despite the fact that the Medion has a lower refresh rate, this was the solution. Strange but true! :huh: Anyway I cooked some popcorn, and grabbed a beer and enjoyed watching my Pi with LibreElec :love:.