Posts by mmpp

Only problem i have is that the screen is to big for my TV, i tried to adjust the screen size within kodi to fit my tv but it wont fit:(

Update: I have the solution, used "Zoom" in skin settings worked!

Overscan (cutting of the edges of the video contents) is done by the TV. There should be a way to adjust the display format. Look for "just fit", "pixel perfect", "unscaled", "original" or similar settings that will display the content without overscan. It can usually be set for each input individually.

Gigabit Ethernet uses all eight lines in the cable, 100 Mbit only the inner four. If gigabit is not working in android as well, your hardware is likely the source of the problem. Change the cable to one that you know is good and connect directly to a working gigabit switch or PC. You could also check if the rj45 socket is properly soldered to the board using a multimeter.

Hi,

you basically have two options:

1. Get the cheapest "android tv box" with an Amlogic S905 or S905X SoC off ebay and hope for the best.

Pro: price, those cost as little as 33€ incl. shipping from within the country here on ebay.de. Even cheaper if sent from the far east.

Con:
    - no support, neither for the hardware (good luck when there is any defect) nor the software (the included Android is usually buggy as hell and there are often no updates)
    - rather dubious hardware quality (board components, hdmi socket, power plug, wifi reception, emmc speed,...)
    - the same brands, model numbers and labels are used by several makers or vendors for very different hardware, so any tests or reviews are mostly useless. You never now what "clone" you get
    - your money is supporting "fully loaded kodi" advertisers, making life for the kodi project harder in the process

2. get an officially supported device with an Amlogic S905

Pro:
    - proper vendors, with support for hard- and software
    - officially supported by the libreelec project, with a larger user base
    - well-defined hardware quality (all devices are the same, no different hardware sold under the same label)
    - your money is supporting vendors that actually contribute to open source, kodi and libreelec

Con:
    - price. The wetek hub is 99€ incl. shipping here. The odroic C2 is cheaper (50€), but you may need extra parts (case, power plug, remote)
    - to my knowledge, there is no such device with a S905X SoC. This means no hardware support for VP9 codec and HDR displays

Hope this is enough info. Let me know.

Thanks, this is all like my own setup. I use 60Hz instead of 50Hz FHD as default resolution, but that has no influence on the problem (yes, I just tested that).

Some more tests show:

• cannot play file correctly with Android wetek media player (Kodi 16 fork)
    • cannot play file correctly with Android "Mediaplayer" (some simple player installed by default on wetek hub)
    • BUT: can play file correctly with Android Kodi 17 (beta 1?) as installed by default on wetek hub
    • sadly: cannot play file correctly with beta3 build of libreelec Krypton from user afl1 as found here in forum

Just tried that file via USB and played fine.
    Tested Nexbox A95X S905 1gb / 8gb
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161024175728-r23406-g57856b7.img.gz

Interesting, I use the same version on the hub and it does not work for me, even when on USB. It shows neither the stripe over the castle nor the lamp jumping around; instead, the picture is frozen.

Could you take a picture of your video and sound settings? Maybe there is a difference.

Thanks for testing!

I checked the file again. It plays flawlessly on the earlier version, and even on S805 libreelec. The new version has big trouble with it. I cut a 20MB piece from the beginning, that exhibits the problem on my wetek hub when played from a gigabit connected smb share.

Link: File-Upload.net - Datei nicht gefunden

Back to earlier version...

Edit: Now I cannot get the file to work on any version. I am too tired today, will do more tests tomorrow...

Less tired, more cohesive: The file plays fine on S805 Libreelec, Libreelec x86 8.0 (Nvidia ION) and on Kodi/Windows 10 - all with hardware decoding. I could not get S905 Libreelec to play it, so I must have been mistaken that it worked on a specific version. I tried 008-fix, both 20161018 devel and the 20161023 devel versions on the wetek hub.

I tested the build yesterday night. The good: TVheadend channels now start very quickly (2-4s) with SD, HD and 4K all the same. The bad: When playing videos from files, a bit of the picture is missing at the start. Also, it failed playing a specific mkv smoothly that worked fine with the version before (a movie that I had started earlier and wanted to finish). I will check that file again this evening.

I checked the file again. It plays flawlessly on the earlier version, and even on S805 libreelec. The new version has big trouble with it. I cut a 20MB piece from the beginning, that exhibits the problem on my wetek hub when played from a gigabit connected smb share.

Link: File-Upload.net - Datei nicht gefunden

Back to earlier version...

Edit: Now I cannot get the file to work on any version. I am too tired today, will do more tests tomorrow...

Can you please test a new development build I've just uploaded? I have added a patch for EGL rendering that supposedly fixes some GL-related leak. I'm not able to reproduce it and I'd be greatful if you can tell me whether things are improved or not. This is the build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161023234951-r23404-g0b27f28.img.gz (when upgrading from .008 you don't need to include a device tree in your update process)

This build also has the same approach to a/v sync as 2016-10-18 devel as this was so far the best one. VQ drops to ~0% but I don't notice any stuttering because of this.

Hi,

I tested the build yesterday night. The good: TVheadend channels now start very quickly (2-4s) with SD, HD and 4K all the same. The bad: When playing videos from files, a bit of the picture is missing at the start. Also, it failed playing a specific mkv smoothly that worked fine with the version before (a movie that I had started earlier and wanted to finish). I will check that file again this evening.

Are you using any non-standard advancedsettings? Can you try using this advancedsettings.xml (with the latest dev build): advancedsettings.xml
    Is channel switching faster when you use it?

I had no advancedsettings.xml active for the tests. With the provided file and the latest devel I see 4-6s for 720p/1080i h264 and 4k hevc, and 12-13s for SD mpeg2. There is no significant change if I switch between hardware and software mpeg2 decoding.

For comparison, I went back to 008-fixed: 3-4s (720p/1080i/4k) and 10s (SD mpeg2) - no advancedsettings was used.

The sync issues are already solved here. Thanks kszaq.

But now, the first TV channel that I open, it takes about 6 seconds more compared to version 007.

I have the same issue. With todays devel, opening TV channels from the remote tvheadend server now takes quite a long time. I do not watch much live tv, so I can live with it. It was much faster in 007 and the pre-008 devel builds.

I've found it during test.
    kszaq's former devel version works fine.
    High bitrate HEVC file has same problem.(24fps, 60fps, not 30fps)
    I can't share High bitrate HEVC file because it's too big(over 40GB) and copyright.
    And I'm not sure that is related out of sync.
    But Clearly it is problem.

Hi. I switched to 008 and tested with both 4k HEVC DBV-S2 streams and local files that I encoded myself (8 MBit/s FHD HEVC Main and Main10 profile) and cannot trigger the bug with them. I did not download that ominous file from mega.

What are your audio settings? Maybe there is a difference.

Changelog: added a fallback to software decoder for HEVC streams that can't be decoded in hardware.
    Seems to have kicked in on a Hevcs.265 10 Bit Movie.
    Bad news is, Doesn't fix playback for 10 Bit.

S805 has too little CPU power to software decode 1080p/720p h264 Main10 or h265 Main10 video. S905 can manage 720p, but also not 1080p. You could try a h265 Main10 video in SD resolution.