Posts by llp93200

I have not updated my firmware and I had same temps as you before I added a small 40mm fan on top of the pi.

My idle temps are now around 34-42 C depending on the room temperature.

I've read some various reports about the firmwares pros and cons and decided not to update for now.

The fan is doing a great job and i can only hear it if i put my ear close to it.

Hello Sanity,

Thanks for your comments. Understood your option. Would you share how does it looks like ? Which type of casing, and fan, power supply ?

Thanks

Hello all,

Taking chance of free time, and willing to test the new PI4 with Libreelec I am happy to see a positive and impressive results on my own system : PI4 2 Gb + Hifiberry DAC+ +NAS database access : works with a much reactive system vs by RPI3B+

At the moment I confirm the heat is significantly higher than my P3 B+, and considering it is yet not in any case (unavailable here in Paris area, for such a config) I am sure it will get worst once fully packed...

I am currently seeing temp btw 70 and 75°C (for 25¨° in the room) ... so close to the 80° limit I heard about.

I have seen and read that the new firmware update from Rasp team is allowing up to 6 deg decrease so I wonder if this is something I can implement over the current Libreelec version I am running : "LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2 ALPHA1 with Raspberry Pi 4B Support"

I have to say I am very rooky when it matters to dig with Linux systems, but am able to access to my Rasp through SSH. Therefore my question is how can I get the proposed new firmware update in my Rasp system ? I can see how to do the update from the downloaded zip file, but I am unable to get it downloaded from the web when in SSH mode.

Hope I am clear enough ...

Thanks