Posts by scythefwd

I'e considered it.. Its an in car installation though, so limited space .

Edit - screw it.. Just grabbed a powered hdmi to rca converter.. Had 4 star review so this should work just fine (and actually cuts out 1 barrel connector I THINK I have enough room for it.. it's almost as big as the pi itself

I'm running a pi 3b+, libreelec 9.0.2.. It works perfectly for what I need.. so I wont be updating. My sound is crap coming out of the pi.. low volume and horrible noise in the background. I hear using a usb sound card is a reliable fix... but I cannot find what usb sound cards are supported... Anyone got a usb 2 channel sound card with 3.5mm output they can recommend?

Thanks

Found a suggestion to bash buttons during boot.. so I tried it. Seems that I have to hit a button while the system is booting up for it to recognize the wireless controller (works perfectly with my f310 wired controller .. same thing, different interface). So I guess I can call this resolved.

I'm even, against all conventional wisdom, running it off a 1.8A phone charger (its also putting out 4.9V, not a true 5V..). I get lightning bolts of course.. but so far no negative results. I'm running it with all the hardware I will be using in the car. Only additional piece of hardware that will be added.. is a pimoroni wide input shim (2A, which is why I'm testing with th 1.8). She also puts out 5V true, I've tested that already..)

SPECS:

rpi 3b+

logitec f710 wireless game controller

latest libreelec image, downloaded 8/17/2019

pny class 10 sd card, 16gb

config.txt edits:

dtoverlay=gpio-shutdown

arm_freq=1100

arm_freq_min=600

sdtv_mode=0

sdtv_aspect=3

over_voltage=-1

Have a momentary button hooked to pinsc 5 (gpio3) and pin 6 (ground)

have a keyboard.xml for shudown vs menu on button press

I power on, and logitec connects perfectly. All mapped buttos work perfectly. I hit the shutdown button..it shuts down. I hit button again, and she powers up. My f710 no worky. I unplug its reciever and plug it back in... and it works. I havent tested from a full poweroff (my button wont work then will it??) yet. if i pull and reconnect power from the shutdown state, it appears to work fine.

Im at a loss here, any suggestions?

I'm new to the whole linux thing.. mind going into a little more depth on what that does, and how it's modifying default behavior of kodi?

Thanks, btw.. I appreciate the info, just trying to understand what I'm reading here..

Hello, new to libreELEC.. new to PI in general. I've gotten my pi zero wh to boot and work with LibreELEC 9. I'm able to use the gpio-shutdown overlay to shutdown.. BUT it only prompts to shutdown... which requires input from me. Is there a way to make it do a shutdown that doesnt prompt (and that would let me start it back up via shorting pin 5 and 6)?