Posts by JimmyTheSnitch

Hi Originaldoc I'm completely new to this, please tell us how to install your RockPi 4B build.

Installation through balenaEtcher did not produce any results.

Hey There, I dont use Etcher so i can't say on that.. i use Win32disk Imager, and i'm pretty sure the file is compressed, so you'll have to decompress it (Etcher may write the img without decompressing I'm not sure))) 7-zip will decompress .GZ files. also.. make sure your SD card is formatted to FAT32

Hey Brother, I finally got around to installing this... there's no ROMS folder... in the samba share.. for the RockPi4b.

Hi 5schatten, I've successfully made a RR rock-pi-4 image by building your master github code. I'm able to run it and it's working very well, but I can see LibreELEC add-ons repo. can't connect nor docker service installed. I guess this is because your master version is merged with the development 9.80 from official, maybe is the reason why.

Is there any way I could build any stable version of your code for my device?

Thanks in advance!

I've got a Rock Pi 4b, I'd love to try your build.. 5schatten hasn't been around in while....

Trying launching retroarch, and configuring your controller there... for ES you'll need a keyboard to setup the rest of your controllers... See page 1 of this thread for default keyboard mapping in EmulationStation.

• Emulationstation menu = Alt
    • Emulationstation options = AltGR
    • Emulationstation exit = Alt+F4
    • Retroarch menu = F1
    • Retroarch exit = AltGR

Hey there again.. Got everything running great now.. just a quick question.. I have a 4k TV, and the Spotify App comes up in 4k.. which is WAY to small to be able to read... your first couple of versions would follow whatever Kodi was set to.. Kodi at 1080p, Spotify would load at 1080p..

I read that if you add

--force-device-scale-factor=1.5

to launching Spotify it would correct this... but I can't figure it out. :(

I tried with and without KMS settings on.. same thing.

You've provided no logs and no way to reproduce, so no idea.

Fresh install lastest Xu3 image on xu4, This is the log file after trying one of the streams, the system locking, reverting to boot screen, frozen until I crtl-alt-del,

The Streams are coming from CRAPPY REPOS WITH PIRAT ADDONS.

-edit CvH -

No support for addons/streams etc that are pirating and are at the banlist.

Sorry for late response... (3 kids, and I'm on Afternoon shift this week).... anyways,

First I'll answer your questions, then tell ya a bit more about this system.

1. Yes. /usr/bin/frontend-pegasus-fe.py. does launch! <--- I did NOT make any changes. just ran the command from the way i describe below.

2. for Transparency! Settings/interface/skin settings/ Menu tab/ Add-ons- Submenu - <--- from there Application 1-5 if you enable them you can add a command, and a label for the home screen. That's how I've had it

3. my rig.. well.. ya it's possible its a messed up HDD, (which is going to get formatted once we're done here with the new info)

So. this Pc, has 2 Hard drives, RR Libreelec on one... Windows 10 on the other.. by default Libreelec loads... If i want windows 10, I just hit the boot menu and boot from that drive...

95% of the time its running your RR libreelec, I only flip over to windows 10 for my kids to play stream games etc...

my display is a POS Samsung smart 50in.. 4k

Have you had a look at this topic? LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ] - V. Kodi Themes & Custom Skins

Normally I never use any other skin so I don't have any experience with them. I changed the command in frontend-emulationstation.py#l3 because I've added systemd service files for each of the frontends.

So what you could try to do is to create a python file e.g. emulationstation.py with this content and try to start it:

Python
    #!/usr/bin/python
    import subprocess
    subprocess.call("systemd-run /usr/bin/emulationstation.start", shell=True)I wi

I wll check out that Link, I did try to create my own emulationstation.py... same results, blank screen for a moment. and kodi reloads...

I'm not too concerned, i don't believe my PC can emulate PS3 anyways.. so, if you'd be so kind could you tell me what was the last .TAR file before you made the changes to the command? i believe i have all the update TAR's.

Also.. one other thing... since the last 2 update TAR,s i notices i have a "SED Write Error" at boot.. Not that it concerns me because i will be rolling back,, just thought you might like to know.

my PC is an much older Intel i7 -2700 with Nvidia 740 4gig.

PS thanks again for your help.. and your fantastic builds.

ES tries to open a font which should be stored in /usr/config/emulationstation/resources so my first question is does it work if you use the Estuary skin?

Can you post the links which you get after entering these commands?
    ls -la /usr/config/emulationstation/resources | paste

ls -la /storage/.config/emulationstation/resources | paste

Beside that try to launch ES by typing in emulationstation.start or systemctl start emulationstation.service if you use SSH and see if it starts fine then.

Yes. It does launch from the default skin., However I have had it setup like this in the past.. probably the initial build.. and worked through updating as well..

http://ix.io/1xux

http://ix.io/1xua

Hey there.. I just did a fresh install for Generic x86_64. and straight from that upgraded to the latest Nightly. Since then Emulationstation, and Retroarch won't launch.. Spotify is fine, Chrome works. Only thing i changed was the Skin to Transparency!, but used the command lines eg: /usr/bin/frontend-emulationstation.py, etc. Any ideas?

EDIT:.. i tried to run emulationstation through SSH... checked /storage/.emulationstation/es_log.txt

got this:

lvl2: EmulationStation - v2.9.0rp-dev, built Oct 7 2019 - 08:08:53

lvl2: Creating window...

lvl2: Created window successfully.

lvl2: Checking available OpenGL extensions...

lvl2: ARB_texture_non_power_of_two: ok

lvl0: Error - File type unknown!

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 32 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 33 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 34 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 35 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 36 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 37 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 38 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 39 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 40 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 41 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 42 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 43 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 44 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 45 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 46 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 47 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 48 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 49 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 50 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 51 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 52 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 53 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 54 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 55 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 56 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 57 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

lvl0: Could not find appropriate font face for character 58 for font :/opensans_hebrew_condensed_regular.ttf

Hey there, thanks so much for your Xu4 image, its great.. I also tried building Kodi from the ODROID forum

I found that both your build and that build I'm having the same problem.. streaming from videoserver1.org etc, the 24/7 channels/TV shows that most crappy Kodi addons offer don't work.. %100 of the time locks up, and restarts the XU4, I was just hoping you might have an idea what I'm talking about without having to grab the Logs etc... ( I know they are crappy streams but I love them), If it's not fixable, I get it.. ( I have an Xu4 LOL) just hoping you could point me in the right direction.

Hi Guys... Love your images.. using it for PC and one of my Raspberry Pi 3b+'s,,, (would love to see it for my rock Pi 4b (rk3399) that's a different thread)... anyways.. I just wanted to point out that I'm cheap.. and i don't want to pay for Spotify.. (I'm 38 I've got allllll the mp3's/FLAC I need) BUT I use a free account on the PC using your Libreelec image.. I was able to cut down on the ad's (not all) by applying my HOST file from my rooted android phone which has Ad-away... seems to block alot of the banner ads.. still a few video ads.. Figured you guys know what I'm talking about so i shouldn't have to go into details on how... BUT... msg me if you have questions... thanks again for the great images.