Posts by joie

It's more than likely that your graphics chip GeForce8200 is no longer supported.

You might be able to get it working on an older version of LE See Here (LibreELEC Legacy), or try a special build Here

Thanks for that suggestion, I guess it is in the right direction.

I tried with a legacy version with no luck, it installed and, trying to connect to network share it freezed and needed a hard reset. I'll try the custom build and see how it goes.

Could I do that with a linux live USB in the same computer?

It has a physical HDD and, honestly, I don't have any computer with available physical space for another HDD or time to start dissaembling my working computer in order to remove current HDD and put the other one...

Hi there,

I have a quite old HTPC and I want to install LibreElec in order to see if it gains performance.

But it's impossible to make it work.

Just after installing, it freezes completely when using the configuration wizard. I have to hard reset it and never work. It shows a few graphical glitches or artifacts and then freezes.

Just for comparison shake, I tried to install OpenElec too with the very same conclusion..., it freezes in the same point and never worked. The only difference between OpenElec and LibreElec is that OpenElec just freezes without any notice. At least, LibreElec shows little graphic artifacts before freezing.

Here you have the harware specs if they are of any help (sorry but it is in spanish)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.