Posts by bnebenda

KODI is running on a Asrock J3455-M board with SSD and BlueRay-drive. The HDMI port goes to a Yamaha Yamaha RX-V685 and from there to a Sony TV-Screen. I'm using a CEC Adapter from PulseEight and the Flirc Dongle (I was never able to wake up the PC via CEC). There is also a Logitech RF dongle attached (however the Keyboard is switched off).

I doubt that CEC, Keyboard or any other USB device is waking up the PC because the wakeup also occurs if nothing is connected to the USB ports.

Hello,

KODI wakes up reproducably 8 hours after sending it to sleep mode. I tried to disconnect possible wakeup sources (like LAN and USB devices) but the problem persists. I tried to figure out what is resuming my system but don't really know where to look. I suspect it has to do with the real time clock of the mainboard but was not able to verify that so far.

Bernd

Hello,

whenever I switch from a certain Radio channel (SWR3) to a different one (SWR4) KODI reproducably chrashes. (see http://ix.io/28XN for log files). I did not verify if the problem exists for other radio channels. I have never seen the same when switching TV channels. If you need more information which you cannot retrieve from the log files just let me know (i.e. configuration of tvheadend).

Thank you,

Bernd

Update: Yesterday I noticed that when "RDS data" under PVR/TV is disabled, KODI does not crash. This is a wokaround but might help to find the underlying problem.

Kodi has an own log system, which is different to standard Linux.

The kodi.log is the replacement for kern.log, and it's located (when is logging activated) at /storage/.kodi/temp.

There are different log levels. Log level 1 should fit your needs.

Activate logging at level 1 by creating the file /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml with this content:

Code
    <advancedsettings>
        <loglevel>1</loglevel>
    </advancedsettings>

Since (as I have written above) Kodi is not running at all, this log file is not available. Also I'm not sure if kodi.log contains what I need.Can you confirm that kodi.log would contain messages from the kernel about tuner card drivers?

Hello,

I'm running libreelec on a headless server with kodi disabled and with just tvheadend enabled. It turns out that the driver for the tuner card sometimes crashes. In the tvheadend forum I was told that I should inspect the kernel log file (typically located at /var/log/kern.log). However this file does not exist in my installation. How can this be enabled?

Thanks,

Bernd

Hello,

I'm running the latest version of LibreELEC (9.0.1) on an AMD based computer which is hooked up to a Sony Bravia KDL 60ex705 using HDMI. In addition there is the PulseEight CEC Adapter connected to a USB port of the computer. Waking up, sleep mode, and controlling Kodi works without problem. However when using the volume buttons on the remote instead of changing the volume of Kodi the volume of the TV set is changed. As a workaround I'm now using the HDMI port of the PC as audio channel. The analog audio signal generated from the TV is then fed into an amplifier and to external speakers. Is there anything that can be done to have the remote command change the volume in Kodi? What information could I generate or inspect to find a fix?

Thank you

PS I forgot to mention that this way I can only use stereo signals generated from the TV.