All is working now
Follow procedure here (worked for me):- There is a lot of info on the net about the multi-boot procedure but I thought I'd try to write it down in steps.
1. Download following file multi-boot fix.zip:-
2. Extract the 2 files from this zip file - "aml_autoscript" and "aml_autoscript.zip"
3. Format SD card (I used rufus) to FAT32.
4. Copy "aml_autoscript" and "aml_autoscript.zip" to this SD card.
5. Turn on android box and boot into android.
6. Insert SD card and then use "Update & Backup" app within android to "select" "aml_autoscript.zip" and then run "update".
7. Box will reboot and make changes to internal u-boot files.
8. When finished, box should reboot to android.
9. Remove SD card and perform normal install of "img.gz" file to SD card using rufus etc.
10. Change "UEnv.ini" and "extlinux.conf" to appropriate dtb (I have S905x box so I used "meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb"
11. Insert SD card and turn on box.
12. LibreELEC goes thru install procedure and then reboots into LibreELEC.
tks for the info... but my android does not have menu update.. can you share android or linux command, so i can update aml_autoscript.zip manualy?
I am trying to install libreelec on an X96 Tv box ( it has an S905x ) , so I have download USB Creator , burn latest image available , but I can figure out how to boot it or access it , any clue ?
U can use this image
image 20190701 for AMLGX (s905 s905x s912). working good for copy to eMMC
New image versions 20190709 for AMLGX (s905 s905x s912) not working for copy to eMMC
New image versions 20190709 for AMLGX (s905 s905x s912).
Kodi update 18.3.
Kernel update 5.1.15.
Fixed update script.
Added scripts for creating and restoring a full backup of the entire eMMC on external media.
Added LE installation script to eMMC.
Please note that these are test scripts and they may contain errors. For those who have the opportunity, please check the operation of these modes. The start of these functions are performed through the GUI menu Libreelec-Settings-eMMC.
..to activate the multiboot via aml_autoscript.zip you need to boot android and use the "update&backup" app there. choose aml_autoscript.zip from the card(inserted after android boot) and the box should after some seconds try to boot from external media. All attempts to update via recovery directly seem not to work..
My tv box don’t have menu update&backup
Can you give me the command