Posts by WeTekUser

It seems like my Rpi4 can't handle Mpeg2 streams from my Mythtv backend. Video is choppy and the audio is way out of sync with everything except for animated shows like Family Guy, they play fine??? My model 3b with hardware decode plays everything great.

It doesn't look like a CPU thing as the on screen debug output only shows about 50% CPU utilization. I transcoded a few recording to h264 and they play fine and I could live with that but live TV is unwatchable.

Anybody else experiencing this or have any ideas. I was so disappointed after finally getting the model 4 and finding out there's no hardware decode for Mpeg2.

In case this helps someone...

I did another fresh install of 8.2.x and noticed that the resolution in Kodi's system settings was set to a 4K resolution. I changed this to 1920x1080, set up SSH, time servers etc... Then upgraded to 9.0.1 and finally success.

First boot I was greeted with 640x480 resolution but was able to change it to 1080p. So it seems that 9.0.x is detecting some resolutions that my TV will not display.

Hi,

I upgraded my Hub from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 everything seemed normal with the upgrade process. After restarting, just when you are expecting Kodi to appear on the screen, my TV shows "No Signal" notification.

At the time I was able to SSH in and check out the Kodi log file. The log seemed to show a normal start but then just stopped without any error message(no debugging was enabled). My first thought was maybe the SD card had somehow become corrupt so... I format and do a fresh install but to no avail and now I don't have SSH access.

Anyone know where I can download 9.0.0 to test?