Posts by DarrenHill

Oh damn....I didn't read the nickname. Sorry Darren :D

I guess you are highly familiar with the procedure I explained :D

I have done it once or twice yes ;) I saw the comment in the release notes for 6.95.1 about the bug, so just temporarily reverted whilst you guys did your work. As it was already a known issue being worked on I didn't think additional data would be required this time.

chewitt - yes I fully agree. I just needed to use iPlayer to keep my daughter amused whilst I did other things, hence the rollback to .004 which resolved the issue. But I could only do that as I still had a copy of the .004 tar file around, as there's nowhere I could find to download an older version (.005 for example) hence my original comment that it may be an idea to have an archive available for such situations.

I'll update to 6.95.2 tonight now that it's released anyway.

It's there anywhere where we can download older versions?

I tried to update my Pi2 to 6.95.1 but the iPlayer WWW add-on just streams audio with a black screen. I've gone back to 6.90.004 which I still had, but I'd prefer to go back to 6.90.005 for now. Can it be got from anywhere?

Auto update is telling me that an update is available, but I guess that's 6.95.1.

Lrusak's OpenVPN add-on works fine with a small code tweak to default.py . Just change

Code
    sys.path.append('/storage/.kodi/addons/service.openelec.settings')

To

Code
    sys.path.append('/storage/.kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings')

I have it running fine on my Pi zero. He was going to update his repo, but I don't know if he has yet. The repo is available from Github.

Can't help with Transmission I'm afraid, don't use that.

Good to know, thanks (if it works).

The normal way doesn't seem to work as the image seems to start too late in its boot sequence for the update files to get detected. Not so bad for a general update procedure from release to release, although it would be a complete deal-breaker for anyone wanting to use nightlies unless they were willing to package up each one on a daily basis.

One thing you may find is it's impossible to update the image in the normal fashion (dropping tar files into the update folder and reboot).

This certainly was the case with BerryBoot and OpenElec in the past, at least last time I had a look at it (as part of the WD beta testing of their PiDrive). It may be something to look at and confirm, as for me it was a deal-breaker as I didn't fancy setting up a new image each time and then copying all the settings etc from the old one to the new.

It comes from a banned repo....as far as I understand the Kodi Wiki it either comes from a banned repo 'or' it's on the list of banned add-ons. The statement doesn't need to fit both options. It's enough if it fits one. At least that's the way we handle it at IRC.

Greetings

The banned add-ons list is also not exhaustive, it only contains the most common examples of what we have to deal with. This is fairly deliberate as we don't want it ending up as being a "go-to list" of where to get precisely the stuff we're trying to get rid of.

We use the following guideline, as posted on the banned add-on page:

"The basic rule of thumb for what is not allowed, is that if the Add-on is offering something for free that you would normally expect to pay for by any other means, then it'll most likely be using pirate feeds."

Any repo which contains/provides a banned add-on is automatically also banned, even if it contains other legitimate add-ons as well. And we do not provide support for any installation which contains either banned add-ons or repos.

Quick question, are there any release notes for the different versions available on the website? Had a look and can't find anything, but that may just be me.

My box updated from .004 to .005 last night (successfully), and I'm just curious as to what fixes or improvements that may have brought. That said it's running sweetly anyway, but I'd still like to know these things.

The unofficial repo will be removed and merged with the official repo, it's on the to-do list.

Ok, fair enough. Thanks for the quick response.

Just wanted to raise it in case it was one that had slipped through the renaming in the fork process.

Will hang on to the OE one for now until the merger's done.

Just switched over from OE to LE, and encountered a small glitch. It doesn't look like it's possible to install the unofficial repo from the official one.

Straight after the switchover the OE unofficial repo was still installed, and going into the LE official repo and then the repos section it shows the unofficial one as installed (it's seeing the OE unofficial repo).

However if I uninstall the OE unofficial repo and try to install the LE unofficial one, it does not work (it makes the select skin noise, but doesn't go ahead with the install).

There's nothing in the logs at all (I can provide if necessary), but I wonder if the unofficial LE repo has something in it that's not been forked correctly?

This is on a Pi Zero running LE 6.90.004 as an update from OE 6.95.1.