Posts by evil77

Just wanted to give feedback;

bossanova808s fix did the job on my old Intel NUC DN2820

so big thanks to bossanova808

jhschulz

I think the stutter with hardware decoding disabled is due to the slow cpu-performance.

It is not a bug and it existed also on the previous versions of libreelec and kodi.

So no reason to complain with hardware decoding disabled.

DaVu

Matching refresh rate is missing 25Hz, 29,97Hz and 30Hz.

Theses are accomplished with framedoubling, so the system uses 50Hz an 60Hz. (nearest match)

and here goes something wrong, wich worked fine in the previous versions of libreelec or kodi.

DaVu

what platform are you using?

i don't have 30fps material, it would be interesting to find out if it also stutters, if so, it should have something to do with framedoubling.

Here is a second log, this time i put in

Code
    <advancedsettings>
        <loglevel>1</loglevel> <!-- Change this to "1" to hide the on-screen debug log text -->
    </advancedsettings>

that means no overlay while video-playback, and my 25fps video stutters.

The feeling is that at least every second frame is not displayed or delayed.

Since displayrefresh rate is 50Hz i can't be shure which of two possibilitys happens.

possibility a) every second frame of the videofile is droped, that means on a 50Hz display refreshrate i get a new picture every 4 frames.

possibility b) the frames are not evenly distributed to be shown every two frames, instead this could be happening:

videoframe 1 is schown on refreshrateframe 1

videoframe 2 is schown on refreshrateframe 2, 3 and 4

videoframe 3 is schown on refreshrateframe 5

videoframe 4 is schown on refreshrateframe 6, 7 and 8

videoframe 5 is schown on refreshrateframe 9

and so on.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think the log will not provide any answers because while logging with overlay it does not stutter

Here is my log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

All videos (24fps, 30fps and 60fps) are playing fine, only files with 25fps are stuttering since libreelec 9.0

If there are overlays like when skipping back, media info, or if i activate debugging with an overlay in the upper left corner, the stuttering is gone.

Also if i switch to software decoding the stutter is gone.

With libreelec 8.2.5 and older everything works fine.

I'm running libreelec on NUC DN2820FYKH