Posts by wolf7250

I'm having issues playing videos on my Rock64 using Samba. The videos are mp4, have AAC audio and are 720p. The symptoms are stuttering when playing the video. Audio is fine, but the video is not smooth at all. I'm pretty familiar with symptoms of buffering issues (video and audio getting stuck and then resolving once buffering has completed) and I'm pretty sure this is not the same issue.

I have a Raspberry Pi2B (running OSMC) connected to the same Samba share and the same videos play fine with no stuttering.

I have changed the scaling_governor to "ondemand" and it doesn't appear to have made a difference.

Has anybody experienced this and/or know how to resolve it? Apologies if this is a known issue.The image I am running is the nightly-20190309-e738c7b (RK3328)

I have got the latest nightly build for rock64 and have just tried to get tvheadend working.

I don't believe that LE has recognised my DVB USB tuner

Sony CXD2837ER DVB-T/T2/C demodulator

I'm not too sure what other information is required, but is it possible to get support for this tuner added?

Thanks for responding buzzmarshall. I think that i'll just peel both protectors off and stick it on. As both sides have the protector and are therefore "sticky" does that mean that once I install the thermal pad I won't be able to remove the lid on the case? The heat sink is attached to the lid, so once I install it, the thermal pad will be attached to both the lid and the cpu...

I've put some photos of both sides of the thermal pad and the lid of the case with the integrated heat sink

I have just received my Rock64 SBC. I ordered a Premium Aluminium Casing and am just wondering if anyone has had any experience installing the thermal pad onto the Heat Sink that comes with the case?

It seems to have tape on both sides of the thermal pad; one is blue tape, the other is clear. How do I install this? Which side gets stuck onto the heat sink? Unfortunately the case didn't come with any setup instructions. I have created a ticket with Pine64, but have not hear back.

Hi All,

I purchased a rock64 a little while back and I believe it's going to arrive this week ^^.

I purchased an eMMC module and usb adapter from Pine64 as well with the SBC and was planning to use that. However, since then I have read that there are eMMC modules and THEN there are eMMC modules. It seems as though there is a price and quality range with eMMC modules as there are with microSD cards.

Does anybody know what the quality of the Pine64 eMMC modules are like and whether it would be better to go with a class A1/A2 microSD card?

Things have now turned around and the Rock64 is a great SBC using LE Nightlies.

Very well priced for a quality product. Money well spent.

Thanks kostaman, that's fantastic to hear :)! Yes I did purchase the Rock64 and thanks for the reassurance. Hopeful that I will see a large improvement over my Raspberry Pi 2B. Can't wait for my Rock64 to arrive!

at the start it was a real challenge as a user / tester putting up with all the bugs during development

I can only imagine! Great effort from you guys and the developers for sticking with it and being willing to use, test and provide feedback.

Thanks Kwiboo for replying. Sorry I didn't realise the state and stableness of the Rockchip Alpha.

That's really quite exciting and thanks for your efforts and work regarding this.

As my TV restricts me to 1080p anyway, it sounds as though the current condition will work quite well.

I am not used to working with nightlies and test images. If I install the latest image, how do I update to later versions and then finally a stable release after that? Do I need to format the SD/eMMC card and start afresh by burning a new image each time?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this.

I currently have a Raspberry Pi 2B running OSMC (Kodi) and have wanted something more powerful for some time. I wanted it to be affordable and available for purchase and delivery in Australia. I stumbled on the Rockchip downloads page for LE and saw that there was an image for Rock64 and I assumed that meant that LE was either supporting or going to support that SBC. That got me really excited as I was able to purchase one of those at a reasonable price and it is now en route to me.

I have now been reading through LE forums including this one (wishing that I'd done that before ;)) discovering all the issues with developing a stable image for this device and its SOC (RK3328), and I feel that I somewhat understand (it may go over my head ;)) the problems with the Rockchip 4.4 kernel and how things are reliant on the development of the Lima project.

So have I jumped the gun and wasted my money? What is the likelihood of this SBC getting a stable release in the future? And I understand that that could be some months away. I apologise if this has been asked already, if it has I haven't been able to find it.