Posts by Karelvh

Mmmm. Any directory I create under .cache/connman gets deleted as soon as connman starts.

When I run iwd in debug mode, I see that when I try to connect to an PSK wifi, iwd reacts as soon as connman gets the connect command. But with the 8021x wifi, iwd just tells 'network_connect()', but does noting (without my config in /var/lib/iwd). With my config file in /var/lib/iwd, I get a connection as soon as I tell connman to connect.

Somehow the interaction between connman and iwd doesn't work correctly for 8021x networks.

I'have solved this for now that I use autostart.sh in /storage/.config to copy my correct <ssid>.8021x to /var/lib/iwd, and my wifi connection survives a reboot.

Thanks for the reply chewitt!

Is there a way to stop connman without losing the ssh network connection to the LE box? My expirements so far resulted in a loss of connectivity when I stop connman. And since there is no direct console access in LE, is the only way really mounting the SD in other system?

If you know others have achieved connection, Would it be possible to publish a working example in the Wiki?

Hi,

The support for WPA2 Enterprise Wifi authentication is not available in the LE11 GUI, but there must be a way to get this working with manual configuration. I can get a wifi connection running, by supplying these 2 files, and storing the CA cert file in /storage/certs/fullchain.pem

1. /var/lib/iwd/<ssid>.8021x

[Security]

EAP-Method=PEAP

EAP-Identity=anonymous

EAP-PEAP-CACert=/storage/certs/fullchain.pem

EAP-PEAP-Phase2-Method=MSCHAPV2

EAP-PEAP-Phase2-Identity=<user>

EAP-PEAP-Phase2-Password=<password>

[Settings]

AutoConnect=true

2. /storage/.cache/connman/<ssid>.config

[service_wifi_<ssid>]

Type = wifi

IPv4 = dhcp

IPv6 = auto

Name = <ssid>

Passphrase = <password>

Security = ieee8021x

EAP = peap

Phase2 = MSCHAPV2

Identity = <user>

CACertFile = /storage/certs/fullchain.pem

AnonymousIdentity=anonymous

Sadly, /var/lib/iwd is on tmpfs, so I can not get this persistent, and I have not found out how to get this parameters in the connman configuration.

Any ideas how to make this configuration persistant?

Regards,
    Karel.

Hi,

Thanks for the pointer. LE now seems to recognize the device, but I can't tune to any service: Found 1 mux, scan status FAIL. Any hint how to debug this?

The kernel log is: