Posts by FeFiFoFum

My 9.1.002 was working fine for a few weeks, except some odd, small issues unrelated to docker.

When I reboot my Pi now, I get the following error, EVERY time.

LibreElecPi:~ # docker ps -a

Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

If I go into addons and re-install the docker service entirely, it takes about 2 minutes but sure enough, it re-starts up fine. Every re-boot of my Pi, will require the service to be re-installed.

Anyone else? What can I do to provide help on this?

Got an Intel Nuc with libreelec connected to a Denon AVR-1912 which is connected using HDMI. The NUC is always turned on and sometimes when I start the tv and the recciver the output of the gui is set to 50hz, which results in brighter colors and not as smooth as it should be. Not quite sure how to replicate the "error" but guessing that it's when I turn the tv and recciver of when my IPTV (25fps) is running. Although it doesn't happen every time... If I reboot it's back to 60hz again.

But to the question, is it possible to force the gui to only output 60hz?

Weird!

This is EXACTLY why I switched from Kodi, Windows 10 to LibreElec, because this kind of garbage didn't happen anymore - Linux was nice and consistent.

My amp was ALWAYS at 1080p, always 60hz, no hassles!

Had issues of some very slow wifi speeds. When connected on Ethernet streaming was superior to wifi.

Turned out to be powersaving on the wlan card that is disturbing.

<<SNIP SNIP SNIP SNIP instructions - thanks for your help SNIP SNIP >>

Sad times......

Firstly chewitt you should be aware, this is broken? (?)

LibreELEC (community): nightly-20190829-bd4ba9f (RPi2.arm)

LibreElecPi:~ # iwconfig

wlan0 IEEE 802.11 ESSID:off/any

Mode:Managed Access Point: Not-Associated Tx-Power=31 dBm

Retry short limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off

Encryption key:off

Power Management:on

I am using a very new nightly version, to test some things broken for me.

Power management I have never played with before, and it's defaulting to ON ? :/

If I run this command it successfully turns off power management.

"/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.network-tools/bin/iw wlan0 set power_save off"

However, when I add it to autostart.sh it doesn't execute at start ? Anyone know why?

Perhaps this might fix my issue here.

Rebooting Pi, with ETH0 connected, stops Wifi connecting next time, is Wifi reliable?

Hello,

I need to switch, back to Wifi only connection soon (long story, it sucks!!!)

I'm remotely setting up my Pi to be WIFI and it's working fine, but if I reboot, the system detects that ETH0 is connected and refuses to connect Wifi.

Is Wifi reliable under Linux / Libre? I hope so?

Will this be fixed, simply by disconnecting the ETH cable, how can I STOP this weird behaviour (it's consistently doing it, very annoying!)

Can you not keep both connected?

In the interest of helping others, I always like to update my posts.

I hope this hits the google indexer and helps others, this was my fault but it was an IDIOT problem and took me several weeks to isolate.

My Couchpotato (I think?!) wrote malformed / poor .NFO files for several movies.

LibreElec (Well, Kodi) tried scanning in these movies and instead of doing a regular matchup of the movies, it used the (bad) NFO files.

It was either this or the movie scanner configured for the oflder was "The Movie Database" NOT "Universal Movie Scanner" (IMDB set) - I'm pretty sure it was the NFO files though, I can't be certain if the Movie database was set as the identifier.

So I hope this helps others, if a scan is failing, nuke bad NFO files.

(Now to see if CouchPotato caused this with some testing :( ! ! )

Thanks all

I have reported stuff for nearly 2 weeks with no response, I'm not sure what I need to do.

I just want someone to say "ok we're on it!!!!" or "idiot, you're doing it wrong, fix this setting!"

Something? Anyone?

Just noticed an episode has been on my NAS now for 3 days and it's still not scanned into my library.

British Bake Off, Season 10 Episode 1 - all of S9 is working fine (because it was scanned in months ago) - ever since I got 9.1.002 it's been giving me issues with the library.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

NOTE:!!

2019-09-01 12:18:20.347 T:1524298624 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match smb://freenas/media/tv/The Great British Bake Off/Season 10/The Great British Bake Off - S10E01 - Cake Week.mkv (s10e1) [s([0-9]+)[ ._x-]*e([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]

Upon further testing *just like my problem with my movies* - it seems to me that an AUTOMATIC scan or a "scan for new content" will **NOT** add stuff to my library (or add it, incorrectly)

If I do a full manual "refresh"" and "force" an update of the data, it fixes it. (The method where I need to *confirm* what it is, with the little pop up showing a list of matching items) *that* fixes it and it imports ok.

I do not know why, I can recreate this consistently.

PLEASE can someone else confirm a similar issue or tell me what I need to do to fix it?

Thanks for the hard work

I'm reluctant to nuke my entire library here... surely there's something I can do before that?

Hi,

Very sorry to crosspost, but I need to know if I should be spending more time diagnosing a problem or just sit back and wait for a fix.....

I appear to be having a library corruption issue with two folders on my NAS (both folders where new movies end up)

Movies are being scanned in but they're not being scanned in properly, it's as if a plugin is broke or the local library has issues?

Example, if I sort all movies by rating.

The far left (top) of my list, as intended has GodFather, Shawshank etc. Great!

If I go to the right (end) of the list, I expect to see some terrible 3/10 films in there.

However it's populated with movies from the 2 folders I mentioned above. In my library of 2000 films is "Back to the Future 2" is apparently the lowest rated movie. That is totally broken / wrong :/

I'm guessing the rating for this entry, in my local DB is damaged?

So I manually refresh the movie information, it repairs the metadata properly - it's fixed.

Ok great!

Now to try and fix it for ALL the movies in these 2 folders.

I decide to set both folders to be "content = none" and do a library clean to remove them properly.

I then set the content back to movies and scan them back in.

BROKEN again.... same issue - coming up with weirdo ratings.

:(

Another indication that movie is damaged, when I open the information for the film, it will show the cast / acros for the film in weird order. The bit players at the start (I had to scroll 2 pages of actors for "The Avengers" before anyone actually famous from the film was visible??)

I *accidentally* am running LibreElec 9.1.0002 (Alpha) - I don't know if this is 100% the problem, but curious if anyone else has this?

Here is an example, of a movie which scanned in via the regular scanner and then had to be manually 'refreshed' with data from the internet, fixing the entry.

ezgif-4-a36e18a4b3e9.gif

uos9v56.gif

(same gif, diff site)

Final thing
    : So, you'd figure the scanning tool / plugin is actually the issue, but again, I can manually refresh and set the data correctly for the film and it repairs it fine? Therefore the scanning tool is capable of working properly?

I would like to think (!!!?!?!) that surely these guys are already doing whatever they can, to reduce SDCard utilisation in LibreElec.

Perhaps I'm wrong though - I do have a weekly job set up to back up my SDCard in full, so I can just 'burn' a new one in 5 minutes for $10 and I'm done - I even keep a spare.