Posts by MisterT

Hello Folks

First of all: xpadneo is the device driver for the Xbox One S Gamepad (with Bluetooth builtin) (But only for bluetooth connection - on USB connection directly xpad driver is still needed).

Now while Kodi / Libreelec supporting retro Gaming and the Xbox One Gamepads has a wide range of users - I think it would be REALLY great to get the bluetooth connection also working :)

Source code: xpadneo Linux Drivers

I am also available for pretesting and debugging (got one Xbox One S Gamepad) - But I only need prebuild images for testing

On current LE 9.0 (fresh setup):

Xbox One S Gamepad working only with USB connection

on Bluetooth: Gamepad connects over internal Rpi3 BT chip and also stays connected but Kodi / LE doesnt get any keypresses

On "btmon" keypresses will be recognized

On RetroPie (same Rpi3 hardware) the Gamepad works already without any issues over bluetooth - So I think its only about to implement xpadneo drivers :)

Have a nice day!

EDIT: Experienced in Linux - but I am not on developer side of things (no help needed on debugging / pretest purposes) ;)

No one an Idea ? :(

EDIT: I connected the Gamepad directly thru USB (bluetooth disabled). Libreelec then just detects the gamepad with xhe xpad linux driver and works flawlessy and all buttons are recognized and also can assign buttons in kodi.

Then I disconnect USB cable and re-enable bluetooth -> Gamepad connects like always thru bluetooth and stay connected - but no buttons recognized like before...

I then checked "btmon" command on putty and then If I press any buttons on the Gamepad: it shows the keypresses...

When I make a cat command like: "cat /dev/input/event0" or on event1 -> Keypresses not recognized (like I said above).

Seems to be no linux driver will be used on libreelec when gamepad is connected thru bluetooth or maybe the xpad driver is not supported with bluetooth connection ?

Is there a way to implement xpadneo drivers: GitHub - atar-axis/xpadneo: Advanced Linux Driver for Xbox One Wireless Controller (shipped with Xbox One S)

Need help from a Libreelec developer to track it down and maybe get to work in the future - would be nice :)

Hi Guys :)

I have installed Libreelec 9.0.0 (fresh - w/o any plugins or any old stuff) and wanted to connect my Xbox One S Gamepad (newest revision with Bluetooth builtin) to my Rpi3 to test the new "Retro Gaming Feature.

I have connected the gamepad over bluetooth successfully but it doesnt regognized any buttons / axis / dpad / trigger.

What I have done:

• In Libreelec Addon: Enabled Bluetooth and Disabled OBEX
    • created '/storage/.config/autostart.sh' and made it executable
    • put the following in autostart.sh = bash -c 'echo 1 > /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertm'
    • then restarted my Rpi3
    • Then again in Libreelec Addon (Bluetooth): Paired my Gamepad (with no errors)
    • In Kodi Settings / System / Input / Driver-Settings / Joystick Support: I choosed the Linux driver

And now the gamepad stays connected over bluetooth and also reconnect auto after LE has restarted - but dont recognize anything no buttons etc...

cat /proc/bus/input/devices shows the following (cutted):

I: Bus=0005 Vendor=045e Product=02fd Version=0903

N: Name="Xbox Wireless Controller"

H:Handlers=kbd js0 event0

I: Bus=0005 Vendor=045e Product=02fd Version=0903

N: Name="Xbox Wireless Controller Consumer Control"

H: Handlers=kbd event1

I also made "cat /dev/input/event0" and "cat /dev/input/event1" directly and tried to pressed some buttons - no luck

So now I am at end with my linux gamepad experience and hope somebody can help me out of this ;)

Have a nice day!