Posts by jbinkley60

This may be the answer. Kodi 18.2 was released on April 22nd and they have fixed the microstutter problem on Intel platforms with interlaced content.. Specifically they call out "VAAPI on Intel has gained some corrections for interlaced content that toggled interlaced flags during playback, and therefore caused stutter by reconfiguring the decoder." I personally am looking forward to the next release of LibreElec with this fix. LibreElec updates generally follow Kodi releases by a short period of time. BTW, I am seeing the same issue on an Intel NUC 8i7BEH.

Here's the LibreElec remote control Wiki page. I run RC6 remotes with LibreElec on Inel and Raspberry Pi with no issues. I would think Wetek would be no different other than ensuring the infrared driver is loading. You can go to the troubleshooting section of the Wiki page for help. Good luck.

Audio passthrough is fine. No issues on any source format. I am passing through HDMI. The RC2 build is more stable and the only issue I have now is the built=in infrared receiver has limited distance so I installed a Flirc. This issue seems to be more common with the 7th and 7th gen NUCs. The other issue I am seeing is what many are calling micro-stuttering playing interlaced content, especially 1080i. This is a Kodi 18 issue across many HW platforms, according to the noise on the Kodi forums. All progressive content is fine. Overall I like the new NUC.

Kodi 18.2 was released yesterday and they have fixed the microstutter problem on Intel platforms with interlaced content.. Specifically they call out "VAAPI on Intel has gained some corrections for interlaced content that toggled interlaced flags during playback, and therefore caused stutter by reconfiguring the decoder." I am looking forward to the next release of LibreElec with this fix.

I tried the reverse configuration with the video going out the display port and the audio going out the HDMI port. Got the same lost menu issue and bitstream audio didn't work. I'll wait for the updated drivers. Right now I am using a Vero 4K+ and it works fine. I eventually want to move back to the NUC with LibreElec but want full HDMI 2.0 support with bitstream audio to both work.

I tried your approach but had issues with the menus disappearing in this thread . I ended up using an HDMI splitter but bitstream won't work right now if I change to HDMI 2.0 resolutions (i.e. 3840x2160 @60fps.). if I change to HDMI 1.4 resolutions (i.e. 3840x2160 @30fps.) bitstream audio works fine. This is definitrly an Intel driver or similar type of issue. One thing different I see with your configuration and my testing is I ran video out the HDMI port and audio out the DLP port. You reversed this. I may give it a shot and see what happens. The HDMI splitter gives me the advantage of plugging in any HDMI device and splitting off the audio to my HDMI 1.4a receiver. Right now I am running a Vero 4K+ and it works perfectly with 3840x2160 @60fps and bitstream audio.

This is very interesting because I have a NUC8i7BEH and my results are exactly opposite. Dolby Digital and DTS work fine in passthrough mode whereas DTS-HDMA and TrueHD have no audio in passthrough mode. I am connecting to a Yahama RX-A3020 receiver. Using my older NUCs, a NUC 5I7RYH and NUC 6i5SYH both worked fine with 8.2.5 with passthrough on all formats. From what I have been following here in the forum I was under the impression that new Linux drivers are needed for the Coffee Lake NUCs to support bitstream audio such as DTS-MA and TrueHD. This is why I found your results so interesting.

I've upgraded my wireless connected Raspberry Pi 3B+ and am not seeing any issues with frame skips and similar for live streaming MPEG2 broadcast TV. I have seen the frame skipping audio/video sync issue playing MPEG2 recorded broadcast files especially when fast forwarding or rewinding and having HW decoding enabled. Adjusting the deinterlacing settings has helped but isn't perfect.

I am running LibreElec 9.0 on a 3B+ using the unofficial SiliconDust PVR software with SiliconDust Quatro tuners and not having any frame skipping issues. These are MPEG-2 12mbps streams. Do you have the MPEG-2 decoder license on your Pi and have you looked at the CPU utilization when playing the MPEG2 streams ? I have the MPEG2 license on mine and CPU utilization is 12-14% with 1080P 12mbps live streams.

Thanks. The splitting of audio / video is less of a concern than seeing things like bitstream passthrough stops working when the video resolution changes on my gen 8 NUC and I am just plugged in direct with both audio /video going over the same connection. I'll do some more testing today and see what I find. I suspect the kernel iteration comment is spot on. With the HDMI splitter, which has full HDMI EDID support, LibreElec just sees the HDMI splitter as a single device with full 7.1 capability which works fine with the older NUC and my Vero 4K+. If I disable bitstream passthrough on the gen 8 NUC for DTS HD/MA and True HD and leave passthrough enabled for everything else then everything plays fine.