Posts by edjalmo

This is really weird!

I think I'm not the best person to help you, but I will try.

If you reboot LibreELEC and do this things after it will freeze too?

You use a lot of add-ons?

Try check the memory usage with top command (you also can press the m key 3 times to see the memory usage bar) before and during the library scan to see what process are using more memory.

In my experience LibreELEC freeze when it have no memory available. So, I think some process of your configuration are using a lot of memory.

No YouTube was just an example, id love to be able to use a lot of the USA/Canada addons on kodi via this method. when I use openvpn manager it messes up my live tv. This seemed like the perfect solution, Also if someone's watching an addon via openvpn manager it blocks me from being able to stream to my phone from outside the house.

Got it! You only want to use in some addons!

Maybe thoradia can help you or maybe this is a question to ask in General Support, since, I think, you have to find in every addon where put Connection\Interface=thoradia-vpn.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong, since I do not know anything about vpn ˆˆ

So if I'm understanding this correct, I cant use this with transmission or youtube because there isn't a /config folder for them?

I've never used vpn, but sound like this.

Do you just want to use vpn in the youtube addon?

If it is because of blocking content in your country, changing the location in the own settings of the youtube addon would not solve?

I think it will only use one of them (not sure which though - I don't have that hardware).

I found this...

External Content gist.github.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It says it's a list of pages for the router settings that are not gennerally accessible. You may find a page to allow devices on Wireless and Wired parts of the router to talk to each other.

Thank you very much for this! I will search :)

In my experience routers that provide isolation between wired and wireless devices in this way cause more problems than they solve. It can prevent all kinds of things from working, including app control of wired devices. Another related problem is that device discovery fails to work properly if multicast packets can't get from one part of the network to another. Unless you really need to restrict things in this way I would start with a better router.

Understand!

My router is this ONU AN5506-04-FA. Is provided by internet provider. I don't want to buy another because people here (in my house) will question for what I need 2 routers... that this will only spend more energy ^^.

Please explain the network configuration in more detail. Which device is connected to which, and what is the function of the LE/HTPC box?

I use Sonarr, Radarr and Transmission in my LibreELEC. To manager them I use my PC and smartphone.

Raspberry Pi 3b (LibreELEC), my PC and smartphone are connected in wireless network.

My router separate the wireless network from wired network, so If I put LibreELEC in wired I can't access it (using SSH) by my PC or smartphone, the same for the services described (that are connected in wireless).

I want to put Transmission in wired network, but keep Radarr and Sonarr in wireless, for I can access it by my smartphone.

This is possible?

I use programs that I only can access by web interface.

My router separates the wired network from the wireless, so this way I can't access a program in my smartphone if LibreELEC are in wired network. But wired network is much fast than wireless (Even more that Raspberry 3b does not support 5 GHz).

Theres a way I can put LibreELEC in wired and wireless network? Wired to download files more fast (torrent client) and wireless to acess this another programs in my smarthphone. It's possible?

Thanks!

I will revert to Mono and set MemoryMax=200M which should be enough to auto-update after Jackett is restarted

Maybe is better wait they refine the .NET version!

But just for the record: here I disabled MemoryHigh and MemoryMax and even this way jackett can't update, for the other hand, it ended up breaking (and raspberry don't freezed, so I think this update problem is not related with memory). After this the only way I can make it work again is going into add-on and click in update.

Jackett updated to 0.11.15 here, but nuked my RPi3 first

I will see what I can do

But not now

Right! Thanks!

Maybe has something in systemd to make services work this way

[...] This consist on set a memory limit for a group of services. I think this way we can set something like MemoryMax=400Mb for Sonarr, Radarr and Jackett.

I think if we set this, when Jackett have to update it will crash another services (sonarr, radarr) and after this back to normal! [...]

I'll keep searching, and reporting here, if I find something.

If not, maybe disable automatic updates and wait for your update the add-on is not a bad idea too.

I will see what I can do

I tried this, but don't work like I thinked. When jackett need more memory, and this makes it exceed the 400Mb of limits.slice, only jackett is reboot, not sonarr or radarr like I thinked (and jackett can't update).

But, for what I saw, even 300MB isn't enough for update v0.11.15 (released today).

thoradia

I remembered something...

When I was search about set memory limits I found this: Resource control with systemd • /dev/schnouki

At that time I test but don´t worked, because, I think, the cgroup_enable=memory was not set. Maybe this is a solution for us!

This consist on set a memory limit for a group of services. I think this way we can set something like MemoryMax=400Mb for Sonarr, Radarr and Jackett.

I think if we set this, when Jackett have to update it will crash another services (sonarr, radarr) and after this back to normal!

I don't know if work this way, but maybe it work :)

I have set MemoryMax=300M for Jackett to enable auto-update

Perhaps is better test this way now and see the results before try this.

edjalmo

Jackett auto-update fails if MemoryMax is too low

I have set MemoryMax=300M for Jackett to enable auto-update

If auto-update breaks your system then disable auto-update

After you said this I check my Jackett, and it are in 0.10.778.0 version (being that the current version is v0.11.8).

I think it will freeze and I´ll have to disable auto-updates :/