Posts by giaur509

bubblegum57

I had running CoreELEC for weeks. It run very well. But even with the newest 8.95.7 I have this buffering issues when watching live-tv only with 720p HD channels (german tv channels ARD HD, ZDF HD and so on).

You wrote "...Tvhead works for me..." You have a tvheadend tv server? And with tvheadend even 720p HD channels are working? I have a Windows 7 pc with mediaportal tv Server 1.17. My hardware combination is not working.

Can't say anything about 720p channels - all channels I have are 1080i or 576i. I have no problems with Tvheadend. You need linux to configure Tvheadend or you can run Tvheadend server with Libreelec/Coreelec and connect your dvb-t tunner to box.

Hi,

I found internal wifi to be unstable and low transfers. I use usb wifi dongle instead and it works without any problems. However, now I 'm getting 2 interfaces: wlan0 and wlan1 and I'm always confused which one is internal wifi (they even keep swapping sometimes).

Any way to completly disable/blacklist internal wifi kernel module?

This is a line I was already searching for a long time ago and eventually figured it out myself. This should be put somewhere in the LibreElec remote wiki. It would have spared me a lot of time figuring everything out.

To be honest, as well the kodi wiki as the libreElec wiki are a little bit confusing about this matter.

Agree.

Where to get list of available tags for <remote></remote> I mean <zero> <nine> etc? Am I limited to tags defined in Lircmap.xml? For example what's missing - in Kodi, press S shows shutdown menu. There is no <s> tag available, so am I forced to remap kodi keymap and map shutdown menu to some other key?

Just friendly notice for all users who was happy with kszaq's build and missed his releases badly. I had hard time with the continued LE releases ie. 8.2.4.1 reboots the box when 4k video was opened etc... I have switched to coreelec and cannot be happier. Great support, releases with splendid changelogs, no more test1, test2, 1000nits gamble. K1 plus combo working great with tuner, no more headaches with LE. I really encourage you to switch.

Where to get coreelec compiled image?

I am still confused with that. In general, no lags but if (for example) I keep pressing Down button very quickly, 1 of 3 events are lost. This never happens with usb keyboard, as well as with old remote.conf approach from LE 8.0. New stuff, as it's more straightforward and easy to configure, is worse at current stage in my opinion. This must be some amlogic specific issue, I used to use exactly the same approach on my PC with my dvb-t tuner and never had such problems.

Does anybody know how to disable Tvheadend notifications? In my case, tvheadend is configured via vpn, vpn connection takes a while, so after each reboot I am getting "Htsp - server unavailable" message, then "connection established".

In Kodi 17 there was possible to disable notifications in tv settings, now it seems these options are removed?

What kind of remote are you using and did you create the IR keymap file by yourself?

If you create an IR keymap it's best to stick to the keycodes that are usually found on remotes (see eg the rc6_mce keymap of the Microsoft MCE remote) as these will work out-of-the-box in kodi. More details are in the wiki Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki]

If you are using an RF remote it's not using the ir-keytable configuration discussed in this thread - in this case please open a separate thread.

so long,

Hias

I created separate thread: Custom remote for Libreelec 9.0 to describe what am I trying to do. Can you help?

I created my custom rc_keymap:

and I noticed this does not work as I wanted. Most keys are fine, but some others, don't. For example, KEY_E (in kodi it shows epg) ignored. Then I realized my approach is wrong, I am limited to keys defined in usr/share/kodi/system/Lircmap.xml:

As KEY_E is not defined and there is no any action to show epg linked to any other key, this is reason why it does not work. My question: what is simplest way to map specific scan code to action that will show epg (E press on physical keyboard equivalent), S (shutdown menu), I (info), O (extended info) etc?

[edit]

Ok, key epg is available (I missed that), but still how to define custom actions?

Does anybody know why Kodi does not want to react for some keys? For example:

No reaction:

535.282307: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x10f

535.282307: event type EV_KEY(0x01) key_down: KEY_I(0x0017)

565.875246: event type EV_KEY(0x01) key_down: KEY_O(0x0018)

565.875246: event type EV_SYN(0x00).

565.886444: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x143

565.886444: event type EV_SYN(0x00).

566.000252: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x143

566.000252: event type EV_SYN(0x00).

566.250122: event type EV_KEY(0x01) key_up: KEY_O(0x0018)

When I press the same keys on physical keyboard, it works.

Also, reaction for key C:

629.107812: event type EV_KEY(0x01) key_down: KEY_C(0x002e)

629.107812: event type EV_SYN(0x00).

629.118971: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x100

629.118971: event type EV_SYN(0x00).

629.230158: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x100

629.230158: event type EV_SYN(0x00).

629.480127: event type EV_KEY(0x01) key_up: KEY_C(0x002e)

Kodi reacts to it the same as Esc (or back), again - when I press the same key on physical keboard, it works. As you can see, codes are set correctly, wtf? It looks like events from some keys, like O, F, B, I are recognised, but not actually working. Bug?