Posts by emanuel4you

Basically I have to modify cpu-freq.c and recompile the kernel then. Would you mind releasing your build?

ps. Your post got cut off

I could release yes. But I think it is better in an extra thread for G02ref.

I've got implemented a working nand layout for this box now.

But I've have strange conflicts with SPI NOR using BOOT_12 pin and shared use of this pin with nand.

wetek play box do not use this. I think to get rid of this. But G02ref kernel freezes without SPI NOR. I do not know why.

I want to fix this. because I can see it in the log. It has no influence to kodi. kodi works well.

also I'm playing around to get the Availink AVL6211+AV2011 DVB-S/S2 to work...

:saint: done...

I've found that box is not a G18REF.

Model ist Videostrong (vsip-166) or prima

It is the aml-8726M6 SoC (G02REF) board with DVB-S2 tuner (not working yet) :dodgy:

working kernel changes:

a) it needs his own *.dtd device-tree src

b) also a diffrent cpu voltage table (lower)

c) an other nand and bootloader layout or like me no layout (sd boot).

d) scaling_governor=interactive is a main killer for the SoC

e) new .config

So I've tryed using my kernel and:

Code
    CONFIG_CMDLINE="root=/dev/ram0 rdinit=/init console=ttyS0,115200n8 consoleblank=0 scaling_governor=conservative scaling_min_freq=200000 scaling_max_freq=1512000 systemd.show_status=auto"

sd 2GB p1=FAT (aml_autoscript, KERNEL, SYSTEM) p2=ext3 LABEL=LIBREELEC_DISK

And it worked for half an hour with out a crash. Even the red lamp went on stopping the box. :thumbup:

I've got some audio issues on one mediathek stream, but other worked well.

And remotecontrol "OK" do not work in "not mouse mode" (total different key-layout/ir-protokoll like MX2)

it is not fast build, but works.

@yuanqi tested that at the begin

@KOPRajs

nice work!

I've also got an old g18 very close to the Wetec Play (dvb-S2 similar avl chip).

Years ago I was used to boot xbmc from sdcard. But this was befor the 3.10 Kernel.

I've tested now 3 variants of configs with out any success. I could see in terminal (tty0) kernel is booting.

setup: sdcard p1=FAT with aml_autoscript (3 variants) to start from sdcard, KERNEL (file) p2=squashfs (dd from SYSTEM) (also a try with ext3) p3=LABEL=LIBREELEC_DISK ext3

src:

Code
    echo "*** openELEC(g18ref) linux 3.10.X boot script ***"
    echo
    if fatexist mmc 0:1 KERNEL
    then
        echo "booting openELEC from sdcard..."
        fatload mmc 0 82000000 KERNEL
        setenv bootargs "root=/dev/ram0 rdinit=/init boot=/dev/mmcblk0p2 debug"
        bootm
        exit 
    fi

I've also tryed to start SYSTEM as a file from FAT.

then I've build the whole 9.0 LibreElec for MX2 (gcc8: build kernel errors on asm)

I've fixed it by using src from that patch:

Patch "ARM: fix put_user() for gcc-8" has been added to the 4.4-stable tree - Patchwork

for aml linux-95ba9d626c0fce672caa296f5911ab9190881642:

args:

flashed all to sd booted same result:

kernel starts but i think it do not run the SYSTEM partition.

I've also built a lot's of 3.10 kernels, but they also didn't start partitions.

Could it be the bootloader? Maybe you could help me with a tipp?

See the logfile: