Posts by Ukrop

Thank you so much for all help and support, blueribb! Thanks for not giving up on me :)

I solved the problem and updated my OP!

Basically my problem was with Windows share name...There are three names: drive letter, drive name and SHARE NAME. Yeah - for smart guys it's obvious which one to use but not for dummy :)

I needed to use SHARE NAME! And mine was totally different from drive letter and drive name. So I changed it to be the same as drive letter and... ta-da! Problem solved.

Thanks again!

If you Windows account already has a login name and password, you shouldn't have to add another account.

I'm at work now but will try it once I get home.

Did you create separate local user account on Windows machine?

This is one step I didn't try - I was trying to login with my common Windows name and password.

Thanks again!

Thanks blueribb!

You are talking about configuring SMB in Kodi, right?

Do I need to do all that magic in Linux itself through the PuTTy that they talk about in the guide?

Thanks!

Thanks Klojum!

So from continuous reading I start figuring out the way to connect to my Win 7 shared folders :)

As I understand, I need user_name+password on Windows.

One thing that need more clarification with:

Do I still need to configure access to shares in LibreELEC as per Mounting network shares [LibreELEC.wiki] ?

Or I should be able to brows to Win share in Kodi with user_name+password?

Thanks!

Hey MrDowntempo,

Did you figured out the solution?

I'm new to LibreELEC world as well (coming from Windows based Kodi) and having EXACTLY the same issue :)

Please share your success story!

Thanks!

I'm banging my head against a wall here and nothing I do seems to work. My latest progress is that I'm now getting an Operation not permitted error, which is at least new. I'm willing to try something besides samba, but what I need is to share a folder that's on my windows PC to my LibreELEC install on my raspberry pi. Both are connected wirelessly and on the same network. I've seen this is a problem lots have stumbled upon, and there are loads of various solutions offered, but none have worked for me. Are there any surefire ways to get it to work? Or any other network protocols that are easier to setup? I am running the latest 8.2.5 version of LibreELEC, and my Windows 10 updates are recent too.

Hi everyone!

Newbie here. I run Kodi on Windows HTPC for years but finally decided to dive into LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 3. Put latest system on microSD card, booted. Connected to my WiFi. Works! :)

Now I need to add folders with movies from my server.

Question: what is the best way in terms of speed? NFS - UPnP - SMB - Network location (direct)...

And how to connect? I tried each way in Kodi - only UPnP can see the server but can't see the folders and files... With Windows based HTPC I used SMB and it was easy to setup. With LibreELEC it's different :) I need to create/edit some config files in the system, right? Where can I find latest and newbie friendly guide? I read one but it's hard to follow (Mounting network shares [LibreELEC.wiki]) in terms of the path name - what if the folder's name is "\\SERVER\F - Movies Hitachi"? As I understand, I need to change SERVER with IP address, right? But what about the folder name - is it ok to have spaces in the name or I need to rename it?

When I followed that guide and rebooted the Pi, I tried to add SMB share in Kodi. Got message ERROR 2: SHARE NOT AVAILABLE. And now UPnP doesn't see my server...

Sorry for all these newbie questions... From reading this forum I realize you all guys are pros and use this system for a long time...

Hope someone would guide me :)

Thanks!

EDIT: Problem SOLVED! Thanks everyone for the help and support!

In case someone stumbles on the same pothole:

the problem was with Windows share name... There are three names: drive letter, drive name and SHARE NAME. Yeah - for smart guys it's obvious which one to use but not for dummy :)

You need to use SHARE NAME! Not the drive letter, not the drive name, I repeat - SHARE NAME. And mine was totally different from drive letter and drive name. So I changed it to be the same as drive letter and... ta-da! Problem solved.

Thanks everyone once more!