Posts by elsmandino

I would be really grateful for some advice on picking some TV Tuners that will work with my setup.

I need at least four DVB-S2 tuners with three of the tuners connected to a fixed dish, pointing at 28.2e.

The fourth tuner needs to be connected to a single LNB, controlled by a USALS motor.

I have established that TBS cards do not work well with Linux so have had to discount those.

My only other options seem to be cards by either DVBSky or Digital Devices.

Has anyone had any experience with either of these?

Hi - me again ( given all the help you have been giving me, I will indeed buy you a beer once I have everything up and running).

I plugged in the R1 and immediately noticed that there was a problem - it kept trying to connect to my network and failing. After, a long time, it finally managed to and seemed fine. I updated the firmware, as you suggested, and turned the device off and on again.

Unfortunately, the same thing happened - the device only seems to connect if you leave it on for a few hours - during that time, the network light keeps flashing and the machine seems to reset itself numerous times.

Does seem that there is a hardware issue with it and I am going to have to return it.

In the meantime, I have also decided that I might like to experiment with a motorised dish and I note that the R1 only supports Diseqc 1.0 anyway.

The Triax Server seems to only support Diseqc 1.0 but according to this:

Specifications; Declaration Of Conformity - Megasat SAT-IP Server 3 Quick Manual [Page 27]

The Megasat 3 seems to support USALS - based upon this, do you think I should perhaps go for one of those instead?

Thanks CvH - really appreciate all your help with this.

Is great to have the manual in English.

With regards to updating the firmware, what should I do first?

1. Install 1.25.0.157 from the link you have provided above, via USB

2. Remotely connect to the R1 and press "online firmware update" or

3. Install the custom firmware

Thank you - I ordered one in from Germany and it arrived yesterday.

I am going to have some fun this weekend, messing around with it - no doubt, I will pop back on here for some further advice.

In particular, the instructions are in German only - I speak basic conversational German but they are pretty much way over my head.

On thing I might be interested in is experimenting with other satellites - a few German channels might help improve my language skills!

Do you know what DiSEqC standards are suppored by the R1?

If it is 1.0 or 1.1, I might experiment with a second satellite with a 19.2e 13.0e monoblock.

If, however, it supports 1.2, I might even consider a motorised dish for one of the feeds.

Thank you CvH.

What, exactly, is TCP and what does this offer that the other two devices cannot offer?

Really interesting stuff, but I am a bit in over my head with the technicalities.

It is interesting that you also recommended the Digibit - it does seem to be the number one choice, based upon a few threads that I have come across before - especially for use with TVHeadend.

Thank you very much for that CvH.

I have spent loads of time looking for reviews and comparisons but they are few and far between (plus mainly being in Northern European languages).

If you had absolute choice, which would you go for? Are there any real differences between the models in terms of spec?

The IDL/Grundig/Telestar is a bit cheaper and has USB slots but the other two seem to have the advantage of lower power consumption and the ability to mount them directly to the wall.

What I ultimately want do do is have three feeds going to a fixed satellite at 28.2e and then have the fourth feed going to a motorised dish.

Hello,

I was thinking of adding a SAT>IP server for network but am unsure which one to go for.

Has anyone got any experience/knowledge of them?

These are the three that I have currently been looking at:

Digibit R1 - Sat-IP server Telestar DIGIBIT R1 SAT2IP Umsetzer from Conrad Electronic UK

Triax Server - ref=pd_lpo_sbs_107_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6SG1W0WDA008YS5JWW65

Megasat 3 - B01DKP28O2

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Hello,

I am running LibreElec on a RPi2 that it is connected to my TV via an A/V amplifier.

When I leave the Pi for about five minutes or so, it dims the screen.

Is there any way that I can have the Pi cut the power to the TV and amplifier at this point?

I originally wanted to use one of these:

Belkin Energy Saving Smart AV Power Strip: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

but these do not apparently work as the wattage from a Pi is too low for the master switch to recognise any difference in power usage.

Can anyone suggest any other clever way to achieve the above?

Hi,

Bit of background first.

I have been running Argus TV on a headless Windows-based server for years.

It has two DVB tuners (a dual DVB-T tuner and a single DVB-S2 tuner). I record to three hard drives, that have been drivepooled as one and buffer live TV to a RAM Disk (using 8GB of the total 12GB for this).

I use three RPis, running Librelec, to watch all my TV.

I was looking to update my setup a bit and my mind has been absolutely blown.

I had no idea that you don't need to put all your tuner cards in your server anymore (didn't know IPTV Streamers existed) - according to this MOI Pro - AMD you can customise your streamer with whatever TV cards you want.

I also had no idea that you could run an entire DVB backend on a RPi via TVHeadend either.

I am really excited to have a go at messing around with my setup and a bit and was wondering what other people had up and running.

I am thinking about perhaps having all my tuner cards in an IPTV Streamer box, a Raspberry PI doing the scheduling and a separate server for all my storage. How well do you think this would work in practice?

Hello I have just upgraded my two raspberry Pi from the latest stable release of Openelec.

The first is a Pi1 Model B, connected directly to a TV.

The second is a Pi2, connected to a TV via an AV amp.

I have noticed an odd problem that only occurrs on the Pi2 and only when I am watching live TV:

1. Whenever I change channel, the sounds seems to go out of sync with the video and
    2. If I am watching an HD channel, the sound seems to cut out for about half a second every four seconds or so

By background (in case it is relevant) I am using the Argus TV backend with the Argus plug-in.

Any advice on how to sort this problem out would be much appreciated.