Posts by RasPiGeorge

Hello,

I am trying to install a Waveshare 5“ touchscreen with libreELEC 8.5.2 and Kodi 17.6, but up to now without success.

The touchscreen works fine with the Raspbian-image from the Waveshare-hompage so it seems to be technically o.k. But as soon as Kodi is started from Raspbian, the touch function stopps to work.

In libreELEC I didn’t install any of the drivers from the Wavescreen homepage as I don’t know which one is the right one and how to get access to the tar.gz file in libreELEC. Is this o.k. or has one of these drivers to be installed and if so, how can that be done in libreELEC?

In config.txt I added

max_usb_current=1

hdmi_group=2

hdmi_mode=87

hdmi_cvt=800 480 60 0 0 0

I copied the files ts.conf and ts_env.sh from ts.conf-waveshare and ts_env.sh-waveshare without any changes into the folder .kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.touchscreen.

“evtest” shows no event related to the touchscreen. The Touchscreen-Addon doesn’t work, only the loading spinner appears.

“systemctl status ts_uinput_touch –l” gives “unit ts_uinput_touch.service could not be found” which indicates, that something is wrong.

“systemctl status service.touchscreen –l” gives the same as in post #192 also indicating that something is wrong with ts_uinput_touch.

Changing the Product_PID in ts_env.sh from 0005 to 0001 gives no effect.

Are there any ideas, what is wrong or what I could try to get the touchscreen to work?

George