Posts by jfabernathy

So I think I'm on the right path. I can configure the SD login details as I have a subscription and use it with out PVRs. I selected 1 day, no filter and HDHR =IP

When I do the open after the configure, I'm asked to enter a zip and then it gives me a list of providers for satellite and cable. I'm OTA antenna and there is not a choice for that, but if I cancel out of that and go to remove one, I see both the zipcodes I use on the other PVR so they are in the account. I cancel out of that since I don't want to delete anything. If I try to edit channels, I get a error that says see log.

The log file you referenced seems to be a command line output.

Code
    usage: sd4tvh.py -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD [-h] [-v] [-o OUTPUT_PATH] [-d DAYS]

[-m] [--hdhomerun HDHOMERUN] [--filter]

[--filter-path FILTER_PATH] [--channels]

[--channels-path CHANNELS_PATH]

sd4tvh.py: error: argument -u/--username: expected one argument

and I still get the log error I posted earlier when I rerun the grabbers

I just built a new LibreELEC 9.2.0 on a RP4 following the instructions referenced in the thread at pvr-rpi-tvheadend. Everything works as expected and once I got OTA guide data populating from my HDHR I could do all the normal things like watch and record TV.

I'm now trying to follow the optional SchedulesDirect addon sd4tvh install. I got to the step where the addon has been configured with my SD user:password and the via the web configure page for TVH, I enabled it and re-ran the grabber for sd4tvh.

I see in the log that it failed for some reason and I'm stuck. Log below

Code
    2019-12-10 09:04:28.918 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh: grab /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh
    2019-12-10 09:04:28.926 spawn: Executing "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh"
    2019-12-10 09:04:29.240 spawn: cat: can't open 'xmltv.xml': No such file or directory
    2019-12-10 09:04:29.240 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh: no output detected
    2019-12-10 09:04:29.240 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh: grab returned no data

Did I miss a step somewhere???

I have Libreelec 9.2.0 working and I'm using the internal XMLTV grabber that is configured via the TVH Server addon settings. Currently I'm use the file method to read a networked xmltv.xml file created on another computer use a zap2xml perl script daily. I get 7 days of EPG data that way.

What about the other options in the addon settings? One is "script" location. Is is possible to put my zap2xml.pl script on my libreELEC system and set up a daily systemd service that runs locally? Or what about the web location?

My goal is to have the EPG retrieved locally on the LibreELEC system and not require another computer.

I'm in the USA and my choices here seem to be SchedulesDirect and Zap2it. But I just need something better than OTA EPG which around here is not even 24hr of data.

I'm not sure this is the correct way to do this but it worked. Using the web page for configuring TVheadend I went to the Channels configuration page and each channel has a blank EPG source field. I manually edited each channel EPG source and the dropdown had a matching channel from the XMLTV EPG list.

Once all the channels were edited I could running the grabber again and the EPG populated.

Sorry for the noise. I missed the part about how to mount NFS drives. That is done so now I move to my more relevant questions:

Once I have the XMLTV.xml file pointed to correctly I can rerun the internal RPG grabbers and I get the following log.

Code
    2019-12-09 10:08:10.664 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file: grab /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file
    2019-12-09 10:08:10.675 spawn: Executing "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file"
    2019-12-09 10:08:10.961 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file: grab took 0 seconds
    2019-12-09 10:08:10.986 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file: parse took 0 seconds
    2019-12-09 10:08:10.986 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file:  channels   tot=   21 new=    0 mod=    0
    2019-12-09 10:08:10.986 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file:  brands     tot=    0 new=    0 mod=    0
    2019-12-09 10:08:10.986 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file:  seasons    tot=    0 new=    0 mod=    0
    2019-12-09 10:08:10.986 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file:  episodes   tot=    0 new=    0 mod=    0
    2019-12-09 10:08:10.986 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file:  broadcasts tot=    0 new=    0 mod=    0

I see the 21 channels but I don't see any other guide information. What step am I missing??

I added in my 4 HDHR networked tuners and the scan found 27 channels.

How do I marry up the XMLTV data and the channels?

I setup 9.2.0 on a RP4 and have that working with TVH server using OTA EPG data and now want to test the XMLTV option. I have a server running a daily script to create an XMLTV.xml file from zap2it. I thought it would be easy to configure XMLTV in Kodi to point to the file using NFS. I had no issue getting kodi to see the file on my server via nfs, but in the tvh log on the web interface I get this error:

Code
    2019-12-09 08:32:20.000 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file: grab /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file
    2019-12-09 08:32:20.008 spawn: Executing "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file"
    2019-12-09 08:32:20.100 spawn: cat: can't open 'nfs://192.168.0.250/mnt/md1/samba/public/media/zap2xml-data/xmltv.xml': No such file or directory
    2019-12-09 08:32:20.102 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file: no output detected
    2019-12-09 08:32:20.102 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file: grab returned no data

If I use SMB and copy the file to the RP4 systems internal drive, I can point TVH XMLTV to that internal location and the grabber works.

So 2 questions, can I not make this work over the Network? And 2nd, Is there not a way to have all the XMLTV stuff done locally on the LibreELEC system?

Thanks, I find that Adjust display refresh rate to "always" introduces occasional 1 second blank screens. Setting it to "on Start/stop" only has the blank screens between commercials and the program. Once a program is running, no blank screens.

So with Adjust display refresh rate off and the whitelist set I seem to have a very good picture for my OTA TV content.

I'll never understand audio passthrough. I have my RP4 HDMI cable going to a AV receiver that splits out my 5.1 audio then the video goes from the AV receiver to the TV via HDMI. The audio seems to work fine with or without the Audio passthrough set.

What would you use in my setup for passthrough??

It's probably easiest to configure it in Kodi: Settings->System->Display, set resolution to 1920x1080p and refresh rate to 60Hz.

I'd also recommend changing the settings level to Expert and set up the whitelist to enable 1920x1080 60/59.94/50Hz (and probably also 1280x720 60/59.94/50 Hz, then Kodi can output 720p and let the TV scale up). Ah, and set Adjust display refresh rate in Settings->Player->Videos to Always or On start/stop.

so long,

Hias

I can get good results changing the Kodi resolution and refresh rate as you stated above. I'll play with the whitelist.

I have not had much luck understanding and using the Player setting "Adjust display refresh rate" or "Sync playback to display"

Is Adjust display refresh rate the only change in player settings you'd recommend??

I've been playing with this and have a better answer for anyone who cares. With kodi-pvr-mythtv I can make the audio and video in lipsync by leaving the Setting -> system -> display at the default resolution of 3840x2160 /30 and limit the GUI size to 1080p and then I make sure that Allow passthrough is turned off and in Settings - > Player -> set Adjust Display frame rate to Always and Sync playback to display to on.

using LibreELEC 9.2.0 on a RP4 today and I noticed that my USB3-to SATA adapter is present but my 1T SATA drive is not mounted but parted shows it's there and has a EXT4 partition.

Where should I put the mount statement? In /etc/fstab??? or is Libreelec different??

Jim A

I have used RP3B+ and LibreELEC with the Mythtv PVR addon for years. It works just fine for playing MPEG2 HD TV recordings made on my backend using a HDHomerun networked tuner.

I wanted to duplicate this on a RP4 which I understand is only really supported by Libreelec 9.2.0 at this point. My RP4 is connected to a AV receiver which supports 4K via it's inputs as 3840x2160 30P. I have not tested plugging directly into the TV itself which can do 3840x2160 60P.

So when I use 9.2.0 on the RP3B+ I only have to set the IP address for my mythtv backend to get perfect playback on my recordings. If I do this on a RP4 I have horrible lipsync problems. Maybe 10-20 seconds behind.

Is this a settings problem? or do I need to wait for RP4 support to mature??

Jim A

UPDATE: Since all my content is 1080i or 720P, I forced the System -> Display resolution to 1920x1080p, Refresh rate to 60fps, and Audio - Allow passthrough to on.

This seems to fix the lipsync problem.

Update on what I got working:

I spent the last 4 months on the road in my RV and that meant setting up new local channels every week or so. I was looking for a way to do the setup very quickly and not loose recordings previously made in other local markets. Here are my steps that work repeatedly:

1. Scan and optimize antenna location with just the TV.

2. Login into TVheadend server over the local network and delete all current channels and the ATSC Network in DVB inputs/networks.

3. Restart the Wizard under General. It would remember everything until the tuner screen.

4. I would selected ATSC Network for both HDHomerun tunners.

5. I then selected the MUX for OTA center channels and let it scan to 100%.

6. save and exit.

Generally after allowing time for a complete scan of the EPG, I'd reboot to clean everything up, if needed.

Hope this helps someone else.