Posts by jfabernathy

I have an RPi4 running LE 9.2.3 connected to an AV receiver. The receiver is connected to a UHD 4K TV, but the receiver will only function up to 4K @30. Since all my content is either 1080@30 or 720@60 I've set the system -> Display -> Resolution to 1920x1080p @60hz.

I also have TVHeadend server and client and sd45vh addons, but I don't think that is a factor with my issue.

What happens is when I turn off the TV and AVR or switch to a different input of the AVR, the display on the RP4 is wrong when switch back to it. usually 1024x768.

I have to reboot to fix this. Is there a setting I can use to keep the 1920x1080@60?

I think I know the answer to this, but wanted to confirm. If I change the zipcode in sd4tvh and re-select channels for the data I'm getting from SD, does it affect other setups like my home Mythtv that also uses SD for it's schedule data with my home zipcode.

This in important because if I have my RPi4 with LibreELEC, tvh, kodi, and sd4tvh setup to a different zipcode because I'm traveling and using the RPi4 in my RV I don't want that to screw up my home setup with my home zipcode. I know tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite that I use with Mythtv can support multiple setups with multiple zipcodes. Not sure about sd4tvh.

Thanks, BTW, I feel that for maximum stability, no matter which hardware you use or which backend, TVH or MythTV, you need a separate backend system. My current Mythtv backend is a Core i7 that's at least 8 years old. Since it's running on Ubuntu 18.04 Server it's stable and only needs rebooting when I do maintenance or upgrade some software- no GUI desktop software to chash or need work. Using RPi's or FireTV 4K sticks, or Shield TV's as frontend allows me to do all my streaming an liveTV from the same unit. I run Mythtv-frontend, Kodi, Netflix, and Prime Video all on the same frontend.

I didn't see any obvious issue in the log file and I have re-run multiple times with the same missing xmltv.xml file error.

So I used the Kodi interface and worked with sd4tvh addon and looked at the selected and deselected channels not changing anything but when I exited and re-ran the internal grabbers this time I got the list of channels and then I could add them in to the EPG source for each station. After editing I could then re-run the grabber to get all of the EPG for 3 days.

Since I've done this before, I'm not sure what got this system confused, but it's working now.

So the goal of all this is to see if the lock up of Kodi happens on the RP3B+ like it did on the RPi4

Okay, now I need some help. My RPi4 with TVH and sd4TVH started freezing with spinning circles over the Kodi screen and became unusable. So I thought I'd check if it was RPi4 related.

So I took a RPI3B+ and put LE 9.2.3 on it and added TVH server and client. Got that working and then moved on to sd5tvh. I'm not sure if I need to change the TVH server setting for XMLTV source type?

Without changing anything in the server configure I set everything up using the web interface. when I enable the sd4tvh addon in the epg grabbers I get the following errors:

Code
    2020-07-03 12:07:02.774 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh: grab /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh
    2020-07-03 12:07:02.778 spawn: Executing "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh"
    2020-07-03 12:07:36.424 spawn: cat: can't open 'xmltv.xml': No such file or directory
    2020-07-03 12:07:36.426 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh: no output detected
    2020-07-03 12:07:36.426 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh: grab returned no data

Am I support to put the xmltv.xml file somewhere or tell TVH server where it is?

As a side note, TRIM was available as per Linux kernel 3.8 I think, so that was ages ago.

The question may also be whether your USB3 adapter itself properly supports it.

The adapter choice is critical. Both of the adapters I have are ASMedia 115x based and they usually work without issue with UAS and TRIM. I have the Startech and the Eluteng adapters. The fstrim command worked for me on LE 9.2.3 once I put the right udev rules file in the rules.d directory. So now it's up to the systemd setup for fstrim.timer

I have my RPI4 running LE 9.2.3 and have a Eluteng USB3 to SATA adapter (ASMedia based) connected to a WD 500GB SSD. I use the SSD to store the recordings that TVH addon produces.

Everything is working but I wanted to make sure SSD TRIM works properly. I created the udev rules file in /etc/udev/rules.d to support trim and unmap using the same one I use on Raspberry PI OS (32bit) and this allowed me to run fstrim -v /var/media/path-to-mounted-ssd and that worked.

What is different on LE is there is no fstrim.timer service. On Raspberry PI OS I would enable the weekly timer by sudo systemctl enable fstrim.timer and the trim function would happen weekly.

Any advice on implementing the fstrim.timer in LE? Maybe copy the fstrim.timer exactly from Raspberry PI OS? Where should that be put on LE??

I tried to test your latest with a RPI4. I have the latest LibreELEC installed with TVH server and client working. I has no issues with installation of the latest sd4tvh. I put in SD login and password and set HDHomerun to Discovery. I must have missed a step because all I see now is one day of OTA EPG schedules. When the internal grabber for sd4tvh runs all I get is:

Code
    2020-06-26 05:46:24.736 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh: grab /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh
    2020-06-26 05:46:24.743 spawn: Executing "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh"
    2020-06-26 05:46:56.694 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh: grab took 32 seconds
    2020-06-26 05:46:56.716 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh: parse took 0 seconds
    2020-06-26 05:46:56.716 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh:  channels   tot=   23 new=    0 mod=    0
    2020-06-26 05:46:56.716 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh:  brands     tot=    0 new=    0 mod=    0
    2020-06-26 05:46:56.716 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh:  seasons    tot=    0 new=    0 mod=    0
    2020-06-26 05:46:56.716 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh:  episodes   tot=    0 new=    0 mod=    0
    2020-06-26 05:46:56.716 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh:  broadcasts tot=    0 new=    0 mod=    0

Pulseaudio [LibreELEC.wiki][]=bluetooth#bluetooth_audio_receiving

Missed that one in my search. I'll see if I can make it work.

EDIT:

Okay I used the pulseaudio link as a guide and I can set my source correctly. Now how do I get the music that is playing on my phone to play on the Kodi system. My audio output is PI:Analogue since my sound comes out the 3.5mm jack and into the AV receiver.

pactl set-default-source bluez_source.C8_D7_B0_C1_1A_65.a2dp_source

set the source, but there must be some other step I'm missing. In Music my only source is a directory on my NAS.

Thanks,

Jim A

I can connected my Raspberry Pi 3B+ to bluetooth devices like a keyboard, Harmony Smart Hub remote, and my Android Smartphone. But I have not figured out how to get my smartphone to play music and have the RP3B+ receive that and send it to the speaker system I have connected to the RP3B+ via 3.5mm audio out jack.

Is that possible and if so, how do I configure it?

If you still have on old RPi3 then for a portable solution you might consider using that with LE 8.2.5, TvHeadend Server 4.2 (8.2.113), and sd4tvh 0.2.1 (HDHomerun Channel Filter: Discover). That's the combination I'm running and it's working well.

I have an old RP3B+ with nothing to do right now :) I may put your combination on it just to learn how it should work. Might help me moving forward.

I'm getting the feeling that there are not a lot of people still using sd4tvh on LE 9.2.0. I was hoping this would be a nice compact solution for a 1 box PVR at a cheap price. The RP4 certainly has the potential.

My legacy system at home is a mythtv backend on a big PC with RAID for 8TB of mirrors so all I needed was little frontend like RP3/4 running LE and Kodi. I've found the Shield TV and FireTV stick 4K to be better frontends due to their support of mythtv frontend and streaming services as well as Kodi.

TVH server and pvr addon in LE is a very good combo for a one box DVR except that the EPG other than over the air guides seems to be lacking.

The RP4 as a mythtv backend and frontend works pretty good. It's a no brainer to setup even with SchedulesDirect or Zap2xml. The only hitch is getting perfectly smooth mythtv-frontend or Kodi 18 working right on my 4K TV. Seems that the RP4 has issues with some Samsung's 4k standards.

I'm testing a lot of different things to find the best solution for a FE/BE combo box for my RV Camper. I need an OTA DVR as small as possible. Everyone knows you can't go camping in the USA without a good DVR :)

I know you have the add the EPG source in but you have to have the grabber get that source first. I've don't this with a xmltv.xml that was created on another system and copied to the RP4 then when you run the file grabber you have something to select in the EPG Source table entry.

I was just hoping the by using sd4tvh I could have this done all on one system and avoid the second computer running zap2xml.pl to create that xmltv.xml file