Posts by Mitzsch01

One month later, I purchased a Ryzen 3 2200g. And I can say that this thing is amazing! Everything is working great! Hardware Decoding and audio passthrough working! I can clearly recommend the Ryzen 3 2200g as an HTPC Chip! :)

(AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, Gigabyte B450 Aorus M and 8gb DDR4 3000)

Yeah, 1500€ is very much.

DLNA ok, thought that using it like that comes with a lot of problems.

It's not only with DTS. It's with every sound source. Independent of format DTS/PCM/DD. Lossless formats like DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO or TrueHD are not working at all. -> PCM Fixed, I tried that but no luck

The DTS-HD HRA bug was already fixed. ;) tested it with a Nvidia GT610 on my AVR. -> working great (all formats including MA/HRA)

The WX3100 supports lossless formats, I've tested it with windows 10 -> working. So the cable shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks anyways! :)

Did you already bought the stuff?

The DLNA thing seems to be a very complex workaround. :(

I really hope Kernel 4.19 or 5? will make things better.

I have an AMD WX 3100 card (RX 550 equivalent) that I got pretty cheap and its low profile. Under Linux the performance is okay for what i am doing with it.(hardware decoding works great) But audio support is a nightmare! PCM only stereo.... DTS/DD working but with glitches and noise.... DTS-HD/TrueHD nope not working at all.. :(

LibreElec 9 only plays crackling noise... ( where there should be one click - you hear an infinite echo)

Yeah I know the wx 3100 is not a "htpc - grade" card but maybe it will work in the future...

Time will tell