Posts by JDDart

So I'm considering going back to Krypton, since I can't seem to solve a number of issues with Leia/Rapier, then return to Leia when stable. Not that I don't appreciate the hard work of the Kodi team but my wife gets impatient with frigging around. I have Krypton system and Rapier skin backups so I'm assuming all I need to do is a fresh install of Krypton then restore backups. Is there anything else I need to know? Hardware is an ASUS Chromebox CN60 Model M075U, Intel Core i3 4010U / 1.7 GHz, 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 16 GB M.2 SSD, standalone installation of Libreelec/Kodi 18.0 Beta.

I've been using Krypton 17.6 with the Rapier skin with no issues. I use the Clean Library preset to create Subcategory menu items throughout my setup, for convenience. When I upgraded to Leia, my menu items stopped working, although the Settings/Media/Library/Clean Library function works fine. I've tried deleting my Subcategory menu items and creating them again, but still get the same issue. Would this be a Kodi issue or something to do with the skin? I didn't know whether to post this as a bug or a support issue. I realize a lot of stuff is being sorted out right now with Leia, and this isn't a huge issue, just an annoyance. I've searched the forums, but found nothing. if anyone can suggest an answer, it would be great. I understand I can automate the Clean Library function, but I like to have more control than that. Let me know if I need to post a log file. Hardware is ASUS Chromebox with standalone Leia installation.

I use Kodi as a standalone implementation on an Asus Chrome box with two 1TB drives connected to the USB ports, which is where I store my media. Kodi is also connected to the Internet via Ethernet but not really for streaming. The real purpose for the network connection is for ssh-ing from th server upstairs. The server is also my ripping station for my personal disc library, so I use the network connection to transfer rips to the local drives Kodi uses. I sometimes stream from the server over the network but only for rips I don't keep, like when I borrow DVDs, rip them, view them and then delete them