Posts by doggyofone

Interesting, my variant of the M8S has only allowed the MXIII Plus version to be updated to it since about June 2017. The Lan100 version seems to brick the device outright.

I've messed around with flashing so many variations of img.gz and TAR updates that I can't really remember the order. For the current Nov 23 Lan_100, I either loaded the April Lan 100 img.gz to the June Lan 100 TAR and then to the Lan 100 TAR that balbes_150 posted Nov 23, or I flashed the April Lan 100 followed by the M8S June TAR followed by the Nov 23 Lan 100 TAR. I probably did it both ways.

Anyways, I followed 7ups advice that the June updates were the last flashable http://img.gz/TAR updates without error and then flashed the version 17.6 updates that balbes posted on Nov 23. They flashed, but still with the error as shown on my last post #706. Everything seems to run OK.

LibreElec — Yandex.Disk

lbes150 has a build for LAN_100

doggyofone - thanks for your reply. The unit itself is 'badged' with MXIII-2G. I'm pretty sure its the S802, with 2G RAM, 8G ROM. 100Mbit, and only 2.4MHz WiFi (not dual band). It does have Bluetooth. That said, when I set the port to 1000Mbit, it seemed to still get a link - its just not pulling an IP and static addressing doesn't work either.

Unfortunately I've only got access via SSH right now as I'm not at home - that is why I pulled the info from the CLI - I assumed that diagnostic info might shed some light.

Is there a way to run CPU-Z from the Libreelec CLI?

Thanks for your help!

CPUZ is only through Android as far as I can tell.

Note that for a LAN 100 box Demetris does not have a build - wish he did. That is likely your issue. balbes150 does and you can find it at these links -

LibreElec — Yandex.Disk

Note that I am having problems with my LAN_100 box and balbes150's builds, but that could be unique to my set up.

image 17.6_20171120

balbes150,

I updated via the tar to Libreelec-S812arm_17.6_20171120-LAN_100 (date Nov 23) from the June M8S 8.02 100 LAN build. The update worked with errors (see attachment), but the system booted into LE 17.6. These errors have been consistent with recent updates.

I have had consistent issues with ethernet connectivity since I updated from MXIII_PLUS 17.4 to MXIII_PLUS 17.5. This was the wrong build for my M8S, but the older RC builds seemed to work OK. 17.4 seemed to have OK ethernet connectivity, 17.5 poor connectivity.

Today I was connected to the M8S via ethernet, which worked fine for loading the November 23rd LAN_100 17.6 build into the update file. However, I tested the ethernet connection after updating and booting into LE. The LAN_100 build has the same ethernet problems with intermittent loss/cutting out of the signal. After a few minutes the ethernet finally stopped. I connected to WiFi and the connection has worked properly since without intermittent skipping.

Unfortunately the LAN_100 and the M8S builds from June had the same intermittent signal loss/cutting out on my M8S. I have also tested the MXIII_PLUS builds and they intermittent signal loss/cutting out as well.

Curiously, I tested the ethernet in Android and there was no intermittent skipping.

So I'm not sure what the ethernet problem is, but it not impacting Android.

Hello there - I'm running a MXIII-2G running the LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2-MXIII-PLUS.img.gz image. I'm unable to use the ethernet port - it shows up in ifconfig, and I've tried forcing the port to operate at 100mbit, but it still doesn't pull an IP. I've tried a static address as well, and that didn't work.

Can you be specific about the model ie: - MXIII-G, MXIII Plus - in particular ram and wifi/ethernet capability. CPU-Z may help (Android).

I have an MXIII-G (generic) with 2G/8G, 2.4 and 5 wireless/1000mps LAN. I'm using Demetris's latest rom 8.2.2 and the wifi/ethernet are working perfectly. I flashed with the remote.conf, nocompat and tar for the mxiiiplus build and have been doing so since the RC builds.

balbes150, the M8S box I'm working on has LAN 100. I was able to flash your LAN 100 8.0.2 build with no problems. However, the ethernet seems to be a problem, as the music and video files cut out constantly. I did a tar update to the M8S.arm 8.0.2 and there was a bit of initial stuttering. The stuttering seems to have resolved itself and streaming is fine. I'm not sure what the difference is Lan100 and M8S.arm, but M8S.arm is working.

I would really appreciate an M8S update to 17.5/6 and I can test it for you.

Thanks again

If you install 8.0.2 Lan_100 rom to SD card and boot up LE, shut down and choose install to EMMC and complete install to internal box memory, you can then update to 17.5 LAN_100 successfully.

Don't want to wipe out Android if I don't have to. Its not my box and they use it for Netflix and other stuff. Anyways the rom should work via toothpick and I'm hoping balbes150 will fix it.

For those who have a file system error. Try the test version of the image (the image to be in the directory 20171120). Pay attention, running should only be done with a USB stick.

Test ROM - Tried both USB slots on my M8S, toothpick method, freshly formatted USB stick with the build written with Win32 Disk Imager. Both boots started with the box splash screen then booted into Android recovery screen. The ROM did not load.

As always with the current rom I get the Load kernel failure error, but Libreelec loads and plays OK - see pic.

Thanks a lot 7up. Those links will help me test the problem.

I originally loaded the April 100 lan build when I first started flashing these LAN 100 boxes. Somewhere along the way I screwed up and loaded the MXIII_PLUS build and have been flashing those updates. I normally test after the flash and I hadn't seen a problem until 17.5. If I reflash 17.4 or 17.3 I now get the stuttering ethernet. I'm guessing that this is because of the 1000 ethernet on the MXIII_PLUS rom.

So I'm going to try to flash April's rom again and then update to 17.4.

I have been getting the same kernel errors, but the rom boots and works anyways.

Cheers

Update: I installed via toothpick/SD Card balbes150's 8.0.2 Lan_100 rom successfully. After any updates were complete I installed 17.5 LAN_100 and got the 120 seconds/automatic repair error. Frustrating for sure, but I guess you are right, end of the line. Would be great if Demetris had a lan 100 build, but no go.

balbes150, it would be great if you could take some time to fix the builds to enable auto boot from the SD card. The 100 lan is what I need, but I'm sure others would need MXIII_PLUS as per what itsmeedoofer has noted in hi post.

Thanks

1. Write the image to SD card

2. Upgrade multi-boot (using a toothpick or Android app). When you activate the multi-boot method of a toothpick - do not hold down the button long after the appearance of the screen saver button to let go.

3. If the system fails to boot from SD card (within 10 minutes). Record the same image on the USB flash drive. Turn off the TV box. Unplug the TV box all USB device. Connect the USB flash drive. Turn on the power (buttons NOT push). 4. If the system does not start from USB stick. Try new image (write to USB) and instrucktion step 3.

Pay attention, this procedure is suitable only for those images that are on my website. For images Dimetris need to use a different start order and check (he described in his topic).

balbes150,

I have had some problems with intermittent loss of internet as I am listening to or watching streamed content with the MXIII_PLUS. Audio using the Radio addon will stutter intermittently and eventually stop working. Video files stutter and lock up as well. I have been using the MXIII_PLUS roms for some time. I had not noticed any issues until I updated to 11/02 MXIII_PLUS rom. I tried updating back to 17.4 and then 17.3, but the stuttering continued.

I realize now that I have been using the wrong rom, as my M8S is only 100m. I tried to update your MXIII_Plus rom with the lan_100 rom (tar) and got the dreaded file system corruption...120 seconds to hit a key error. I then went through the process as written above by you to write the lan_100 image (including a format of the sd card). I also tried the same procedure with a USB flash drive and was unsuccessful. I continue to get the system files corruption error alert no matter what I try with the LAN 100 rom.

What is interesting is that I reimaged the MXIII_Plus rom and toothpick booted per your procedure above and the rom loaded up first try.

Is there a problem with the LAN 100 rom boot? Is there an alternate method to try to resolve this problem.

I am trying to flash this rom to a friend's Kazoo box (reseller's brand name), which is an M8S, S812, 2g/8G, gigabyte internet, 2.4/5ghz internet. I cannot get by the initial Kazoo splash screen to get the image to flash. I was able to toothpick flash balbes150's image to the Kazoo box no problem, but am having some issues with internet with that rom. Is there a way to disable/delete the splash so that I can see if this will boot Demetris's image? Is there a different way to flash that I'm missing here?

I was able to get Demetris's rom to toothpick boot as described in post 1048 to my MXIII-G (similar specs to the M8S - no splash). When I tried Demetris's rom on the Kazoo box with that method it did not boot up. The splash screen just cycles on and off the screen.

balbes150's rom booted right away with his image.

Help is appreciated

So I have a M8S+ and I tried LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2-M8S-PLUS.img but didn't work so I used the LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2-MXIII-PLUS.img firmware and everything works except my remote so I figured I would create my own remote.conf using dmesg but when I ssh via putty and enter 'dmesg' or 'dmesg -c' I get the following error 'aml_dvfs_do_voltage_change, no dvfs driver'

Any ideas how I can get my remote working?

Thanks

Icanuck, I have attached a remote.conf I found for the M8S+. Put this into the configfiles folder and reboot. I also add the remote.conf to the update folder when I install a rom update. I use the \\ipaddress command in windows to access the box and configfiles folder.