Posts by doggyofone

I've used PLEX for KODI the official version since it came out. I find it works with these builds sporadically (8.2 and 8.90). Sometimes videos run well and sometimes very poorly. It sometimes resolves with a reboot and sometimes not. Music is fine but video has problems that include very choppy playback, the audio far ahead of the video making them unwatchable. I also use PleXBMC which works great. With 8.90.3 and 4 (the only versions I've run) PLEX (official) starts, but gets stuck on the boot screen - the PLEX image in the center of the screen and three dots flashing in a window in front of the PLEX logo. It does not continue to load anything, just the three dots. I decided to try PleXBMC with 8.90.3 and 4 and it runs great without the PleXBMC Helper addon.

The problems happen with wireless and ethernet connections - Laptop to Abox KODI box. Using SD.

Just wondering if others have found this issue and if they have been able to resolve it.

HI,

I have an MXIII G (1GB) and managed to run LibreELEC-MX3G.arm-7.0.1c.img.xz perfectly from SDCard using toothpick method. What i'm missing is what to do now! Is there any chance for me to update?

I am a bit confused about the steps you took after actually booting Wilro_6276 img.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

That post goes back some time ago. You need to install Wilro's file as explained and then download one of Demetris's images. Once you get wilro's boot image installed you should then be able to toothpick boot Demetris's images. You need to use an img.gz file, not tar. Make sure you pick the right image based on your box specs.

Kostaman, can you confirm - you used the "Enable SD card dual boot" in post #1048 to enable an SD boot and then tried to boot one of Demetris's 8.0 builds? I have a friends M8 and am trying to determine how to boot one of Demetris's 8.0 builds via SD.

I do not want to install this build to internal memory - SD only. Anyone?

Do you a VPN service running?, I have a number of 905 boxes and none of them auto update unless I go into the VPN manager addon and disconnect VPN, although all display the "update available" notification, once VPN is disconnected, go into Libreelec setting and just re click on Updates auto and it should download. PS. I also have a Beelink mini mx III II box and by doing the above it updates.

I've had no issues with a VPN and updates. Not sure which VPN manager you use but I have used Zomboided's for quite some time and it has worked great.

I have a friend's generic M8 box with the following specs -

SoC – AMLogic S802 quad core Cortex A9r4 processor @ 2GHz with Mali‐450MP6 GPU.

System Memory – 2GB DDR3.

Storage – 8GB NAND flash + SD card slot.

Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual band Wi‐Fi (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth.

Video Output – HDMI 1.4b, AV.

I would like to put LE onto this box and not sure how. With My S812 I had to load an older LE V7 build first and then SSH into the box and update with the S812 image tar file for V8. That worked well, but with the S802 I don't know.

Looking for some help with this.

Thanks

Sorry for the simple question, but I can't find an answer. I have LE 8.2.2.3 running great on an SD card. I would like to test this Leia version, but I do not have an SD card available. I do have a USB drive available. If I prepare the USB and then boot it up (after removing the SD card) will this impact the SD from booting if I switch them out?

Do not mess with the Audio channels. Leave them as default 2.0 because you are using Audio Passthrough using 2 Audio Data channels. Such audio data needs to be decoded by your AVR, not the AML LE device.

Read what the text talks about on the bottom of the Audio settings screen when you hover over that option.

Could you please confirm for me - I have an HDMI connection to my AVR from the KODI box using the ALSA HDMI device. I set the audio channels to 7.1 and enable passthrough plus all the options the receiver supports. Are you saying that the audio output channels should be set to 2.0?.

There is a repository of remote.conf files, working in LibreElec. Read this a couple of posts down and try the linked remote.conf. If that doesn't work, look for boxes with the same remote, they are usually interoperable.

Thanks a lot. I finally had a chance to test the ANTSIR remote.conf with the Abox Max remote. I deleted remote.conf with Winscp from /config and then copied the ANTSIR file in its place. It works perfectly in Libreelec.

Original remote.conf from Android will be found in /etc

Believe me, I have searched Android numerous times via esfile explorer, SSH by using sshdroid and neither method found the remote.conf location. I've used different search strings with *remote* showing the most returns, but no remote.conf. Yet the remote works in Android.

Maybe your search string should have been remote* or *remote*. On my box the remote.conf is found in /etc, like Tim_Taylor said. But even that is no guarantee that this original android remote.conf will work in LibreElec.

Thanks for that search string. It worked to find the Libreelec remote.conf that I replaced with the ANTSIR remote.conf. All is good.

Hi,

the one for the ANTSIR Box is actually already available in this post over at kodinerds. That is where I got it from (copy & paste) in the first place, but meanwhile I also have the original from my box. It is in the attachment. Also, there is a file remote_gen.xml, which will allow you to use the button with the browser symbol down left for play/pause and the delete button down right for stop (which you otherwise have to do via OK and choosing the corresponding option).

You do realize that remote.conf needs to go to /flash or, if you want to put it on the SD card/USB-Stick directly, on the LIBRELEC partition along with the device tree and such (I believe, you can also put it in /etc instead). The file remote_gen.xml has been generated using the Keymap Editor addon and needs to go in /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps.

Hope this will help!

ANTSIR.zip

Hi Chessplayer. I can confirm that the ANTSIR remote.conf works in Libreelec with the original remote that was shipped with the box. Thanks for posting the file.

I've got a new ABOX 1 Max, 2G/16G S905X box. The remote works with Android but not in LE 8.2.1.1. I search the box via winscp and Droidssh, but cannot find a remote.conf but again the remote works in Android. I've searched LE on 3 different boxes 8.2.1.1 vis ssh and find no remote.conf. Kinda frustrated with this. How do I find remote.conf in 8.2.1.1? I can't find an answer using search on the site.

Snip of search is shown. All I get is shown.

Appreciate any help.

Do you happen to have a copy of the .IMGs for the mid June builds handy? I'm feeling adventurous.

Also, have you ever encountered the startup job countdown clock on the LibreELEC splash screen when booting? It usually shows its progress for several jobs in 1.5 minute to 4.5 minute increments. I've got one oddball S812 MXIII clone that only seems to take balbes150's builds and it's the only box that I've personally encountered that exhibits this behaviour. I'm guessing it's come up in the tread at some point, but I won't have the time to go through and find out for a few days.

Just click through the yellow folders on the yandex disk page till you see what you want. I believe you should be able to boot from the June images, but the April images are there too -both are labelled 8.02. I'm, not sure about a countdown clock. Can't say I have seen one.

Depending on the box, if you have 1000mps ethernet on it you can check out Demetris's builds. I'm running it on my MXIII-G and it runs well with no errors.
    This is how I got his build to work on my box -#1048 - worked for me. S802/S812-My Instruction Post

For Demetris you will need the img.gz, the nocompat.zip, and the remote.conf. to update to the newest build (tar) after getting the "Enable SD card dual boot" flashed to the box.

LibreElec — Yandex.Disk

Yandex.Disk

balbes150, I found a file dated 24/11/2017 for LAN_100 (see attachment). I'm assuming this is a new attachment, as it is dated today. I downloaded the tar update and flashed it. The same error is occurring as shown in the attachment I posted yesterday - post #706.

If the tar update is new it would be really helpful if you could change the date to reflect the date that the file was posted. I have numerous tar updates with the same file description, different time and date posted.

Thanks again