Posts by kodiuser1

This tutorial guides you on my experience of flashing LE 8.0.2 onto a Minix Neo X8-h Plus onto NAND using the toothpick method. Thanks to Arcee

Caveat: This will install LE to Nand so obviously you will loose your Android OS and any apps that go with it. Power OFF on the remote works. Power ON on the remote does not work. The only way to power on again is to pull the power cable from the back and reinsert then press the power button on the box. The menu key on the remote may be mapped to enable disable the mouse. There is no LibreELEC logo during boot up so you may think that nothing is working, IT IS SO LEAVE IT ALONE.

To install OpenElec and LibreELEC on your X8-H Plus, follow this procedure:

Preparing the SD card

1. Download Minitool Partition Wizard from here: Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free

2. Format your SD Card with Minitool Partition Wizard in FAT32 format

3. Rightclick the USB partition in Minitool Partition Wizard, and under Modify, selected Change Partition Type ID

4. Select 0x81 Minix/Linux and click OK

5. Then click Apply on the top left (don't forget this, as Minitool Partition Wizard doesn't apply immediately)

6. Now download the OpenElec 6.0.1 Surkovalex build from here:OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-X8HP-6.0.1.zip

7. Unzip the three files in this ZIP file to your formatted SD card.

Flashing OpenElec to NAND (Carry out at your own risk)

8. Turn off your Minix X8-H completely and insert the SD card in the side slot.

9. Then with a paperclip press the little reset button on the back of your device and keep it pressed while turning on the device. When you see the Minix logo appear, release the paperclip from the reset button and wait. I had to do this process twice on one box and 3 times on another because the Roboot stopped responding.

10.This gives you OpenElec 6.0.
    If the remote doesn’t work then there is a remote.conf [attach=2014]. There is also an edited keymaps file which goes in the userdata folder if you need the.

Updating to LE 8.0.2 (Krypton 17.4)

11. All you have to do is make sure hidden files and allow rename and deletion of files are both enabled in SYSTEM / Appearance.

12. Then add a new source and navigate to root filesystem / storage / .update and add it as a source.

If you need to add the remote.conf file than add the source to root filesystem / storage / .config and reboot

13. After that download this file LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.RC3-X8H-PLUS.tar to usb and copy it to the .update folder

14. Next reboot. YOU WILL HAVE A BLACK SCREEN FOR 5 MINS. DO NOT TURN OFF.

15. When it reboots you will have LE 8.0.2 installed to nand.

Hi there,

My shutdown menu is missing the suspend command on the power menu and i would like to have one.

Please can someone help me with a suspend script.

The suspend works with OE 6.0.1 Jarvis. I have the option to suspend in the shutdown menu. There is no option to suspend in the LE 8.0.2 shutdown menu.

Thanks

Do you know if there is OE 7 (Krypton) for the X8HP?? Thanks for the post really helped me out

hi All,

Reading the thread im not sure weather others are having this very common issue.

I have a MINIX NEO 8H PLUS that is running LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.RC3-X8H-PLUS.tar

My issue is that I can power the box off from the remote but not back on. The only way I can power back on is by pulling the power cord from the back of the the box and reinserting to reset the box. I can then press the power button on the box to power it back on.

I also thought it was supposed to suspend not power off? Can someone confirm this?

I am also missing the LibreELEC logo at startup and get just a blank screen.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks

I downloaded this image 'LibreELEC-S812.Minix.arm-17.3.img' used the usb/sd creation tool to create a bootable USB, plugged the USB into my Minix X8H+ and rebooted with the reset button pushed in, box did not reboot to LibreELEC it booted to the android lying on it's back menu.

I still have work to do, I was going to try a straight Kodi 17.x LibreELEC version tomorrow.

I used this image

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.RC3-X8H-PLUS.img.gz | by Demetris. for MXQ TV Box from @Demetris used LE burning tool to get it to a usb. I even copied the boot.scr to the root and that didn't work either.

Im hoping someone can help

Also tried every image in this post

Custom ROM - LibreElec 8.2 kodi 17.4 | MINIX Forum - Official

Thanks Bubblegum perfect link.

I did various searches onsite and from Google with no joy.

For the Minix X8H plus am I best using a Kodi 17 image or a Minix X8H plus image?

I have a Minix NEO X8H plus I have tried the links from Drieshel but can't get to boot. Please let me know if you are successful.

Thanks

Hi All,

I have got hold of a Minix NEO X8-H Plus. I am trying to run LE on it. I have downloaded the image that I think is correct and used the LibreELEC burning program to burn to a SD and I also tried a USB.

I can't get it to boot. Sometimes it just boots the the dead robot and sometimes it just sticks on the LibreELEC logo screen.

Can someone please give me a step by step to get it running on this box?

Many thanks

Hi All,

I have got hold of a Minix NEO X8-H Plus. I am trying to run LE on it. I have downloaded the image that I think is correct and used the LibreELEC burning program to burn to a SD and I also tried a USB.

I can't get it to boot. Sometimes it just boots the the dead robot and sometimes it just sticks on the LibreELEC logo screen.

Can someone please give me a step by step to get it running on this box?

Many thanks

Hi there,

Ive done a portable LE install of Kodi 17 on a USB that works fine on my Win 7 Laptop.

I can't get it to boot on my Suface Pro though. I have adjusted to boot sequence to have USB at the top.

I have also tried swiping left to boot from the usb immediately but nothing it working.

Any ideas??

In the chromium add-on setting there is an option to install flash player

Thanks but I already did that and the message says i need to install Adobe flash Player 10.1 still. I did however figure out how to download the flash that I was prompted to but its still not working.

Here's what I did. May be I cd to the wrong location???

Code
    cd ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/browser.chromium

wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhbt37kdh8nddsr/flash_player_ppapi_linux.x86_64.tar.gz?dl=1

tar xfv flash_player_ppapi_linux.x86_64.tar.gz?dl=1

Still not working. Here is what I get

IMG_3066.JPG?dl=1