Posts by jernej

dolphs it certainly doesn't work out-of-the-box. If pins are compatible (didn't check) you would need to modify DTB file to tell that spdif should be enabled. That would be ideally solved with DT overlays, but currently there is no support for that in AW images.

mike2002 There is certainly a difference in output. Interestingly, AVR adds some strange video modes like 1440x480@60Hz and 2880x480@60Hz. Can you edit "extlinux/extlinux.conf" on SD card and add drm.debug=0xe at the end of APPEND line? Please provide full dmesg output and output of cat /sys/kernel/debug/clk/clk_summary with AVR connected.

andre_276 while it's true that mainline kernel doesn't support HDMI audio on any of Allwinner SoC, images here contains support for up to 8 channels linear PCM HDMI audio. This is obviously work in progress, but eventually this work will be included in mainline kernel. You can dig out patches from LE build system if you are interested.

mike2002

That's strange, somehow it couldn't mount file system and I fail to see how that's connected with HDMI setup. Decoded EDID can be provided with edid-decode /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid, but since you can't connect using ssh, you can't do that.

Serial usually helps, but I can't guarantee for this case.

I think it's because the default resolution is 4096*2160

Pick nightly image from here: Index of /

4K@60Hz was certainly an issue at some point and I'm not sure if it is fixed in image linked in this topic but it's certainly fixed in nightly image (most of the time I test on 4K TV). Currently it will force 4K@30Hz in this case because I can't locate the issue for enabling high speed link in HDMI driver, but I'm close.

I just received my Pine H64, I try your release but my H64 do not boot. I am able to see the Libreelec logo, I have the file resizing information and suddenly I have the message "Disabling IRQ #95" and that's all, libreelec stop loading..

Do you have an idea why this happen ?

No clue. I often test PineH64 image (although not clean image) and I never noticed such error. Did you try another SD card?

Anyway, don't you think it's time to update the OP?
    Also, please tell us the known bugs as of now; you said you'd tell us about some known issues with nightly builds..

Not exactly, links still works and linked images still have same issues.

Currently nightlies are not so different, so they have same issues as stated here in OP, but once this topic will be abandoned, I'll make new (sticky?) topic which will track all known issues. Anyway, until image uploading is not fixed, it's not practical to switch to nightlies.

TBH, I dislike very long topics like this when information get quickly lost and people ask same thing over and over again. Example for this topic are RTL8189ES/FS wifi drivers and eMMC installation, which is explained in OP anyway.

Kristian There are only few RaspberryPi boards with common design, whereas H3 boards have design differences. For example, your case works, because OPi PC and OPi PC Plus are similar enough, but you can't boot from eMMC now (if it would be supported).

No, it's not possible to make totally universal image due to possible differences in DRAM controller initialization. There is simply not enough space to cram in all possible initializations and detection code.

About HEVC, not much work has been done in a long time on it. I hit a wall there and moved to other aspects of LibreELEC. Still a ton of work to do...

I tried to disable passtrough and I selected 5.1 output - still no sound at all from multi channel sources. Only GUI sounds and 2.0 sources.

I am not sure what did I wrong.

First make sure that correct audio output is selected. You should see the name of your AVR/TV/monitor in that audio output selection menu.

Equally important, EDID should also advertise multi channel LPCM support. You may check that with executing: edid-decode /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid If you are not sure, you can paste output of that command here and I can tell you then.

please push it upstream so it's official part of LibreELEC.

It is already: LibreELEC.tv/projects at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

P.S. Now I'd like to copy it from microSD to internal EMMC as it will be my main HTPC player now (bye bye Raspberry Pi!). I'll try to find some instructions for that. Then I'll see if I can get sleep and wake-up working

Install to eMMC is not supported yet, although with a bit of Linux knowledge, you can do it already by executing some commands. There are some ideas how to make user friendly eMMC installer, but nobody is working on that ATM.

about sleep and wake up - that's more complicated and depends on what you mean by wake up. Is this just a power button press? that is probably easy to achieve (but not much lower power consumption). If you mean wake up by IR or even HDMI CEC, that is much more complex, because is needs special firmware on low power coprocessor, to actually wait for signal and wake up main cores. Such firmware is actually in the works (crust-firmware on github), but I'm not sure when it will be good enough to use/integrate here.

It's works fine, except for HDMI pass through. So no sound at all.

on my TV sound over HDMI works just fine, but it's linear PCM (LPCM), which is the only type it's currently supported by images. I'm 100% sure any HDMI monitor, TV or AVR support it, as it is mandatory by standard. Why don't you just disable passthrough in settings and sound should be working.

macchese because it is only test image, I didn't bother with addons repository. Any addon built for H3 should work here too... If I get enough positive comments, I will send request to include it in LE master, so it will get nightly releases (once issues around nightlies are resolved).

Polczak there are currently some issues with nightly images. I hope they will be resolved soon.

libreeleec_test H6 GPU driver works, otherwise Kodi wouldn't run.

dolphs pineH64 is first supported H6 board because TL was kind enough to provide early samples and thus I can test everything on it. Unfortunately, I haven't received any H6 based OrangePi samples, so currently work for those boards depends on people who have them. But I see that mainline effort for them progress nicely, so I might add them soon.

jcstaudt I'll wait for kernel 5.1 to be released before trying to make A20 image. Unless you want to take initiative and prepare images by yourself?

It would be nice if someone step up as (co)developer for A20 and similar SoCs, because I don't have any and I don't have detailed knowledge of them, albeit with 5.1 it should work well already, just no HDMI audio.