Posts by Sniffer

Hi all

I'm using libreelec and upgraded to krypton decided I didn't like then downgraded using options within libreelec.

After downgrading I've lost some menus in settings and also names are different like its still partly in krypton??Also doesn't display if play Dolby/dts etc

For some reason soft and hard reset options are not working .
    Sadly I didn't save anything .

Any suggestions as to what I can try to fix ?

The only thing I changed when in krypton was to change skin to confluence .

I'm using a intel NUC dn2820 and any advice as to what I can try is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

Hi guys , I've a 4K oled tv which I was going to run hdmi directly too and optical from the nuc to my non 4K amp. What are the sound issues guys or should I hold off buying it ?

Sure sounds like this issue: thread-525.html

If so, I believe it to be a kernel issue with the newer Linux kernels used with LE (4.8+). Hopefully resolved at some point, but presumably Intel will have to do something.

Thanks for the reply .
    I'm looking at upgrading to apollo lake nuc when they are fully released in the uk so hope this issue is sorted in the new kodi/libreelec or intel when fully released .
    It can be annoying when your flicking through movies etc and it keeps happening .
    Thanks

Hi all
    When using libreelec I often get a black screen when switching from one movie to the next .
    I have to select another source e.g. Sky , the blue select Nuc and screen appears again
    I have my nuc running through my home cinema receiver . I have the refresh rate set to adjust on start stop.
    Currently running on 16.1- is this a known issue when using receivers? If so will it be addressed in 17 release ?

Recently changed TVs from plasma to oled and both had the same issue . I can't recall the issue being there from previous releases on openelec the libreelec.
    It's been going on for sometime just haven't had time to submit it on here
    Thanks all for any guidance /help

i have the same issue, its easy to reproduce, just change the framerate from 50 to 60 and back a few times you get a black screen, I have discuss this with fritsch a few month ago, i looks like a kernel bug. I hope v7.90.004 fix it :>

Yeah fingers crossed they can get the bug sorted . It's not a big issue just annoying really .
    Apart from that everything now runs smoothly after switchover from openelec.

Insert the correct .tar file in the Upgrade folder and reboot.
    As long as it is the same build 'family', things should work.
    If you also downgrade in version, i hope you didn't delete the corresponding database files.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't deleted anything that I know of . Would I have actually had to do that manually?
    So am I right in thinking the most up to date openelec tar file and drop it in upgrade like I did for the upgrade.
    Thanks again

Hi guys
    As per my other threads I'm having a few issues which are bugging the life out of me ?

Is there a way to revert back to openelec ? If so could someone guide me .

Will revert back to libreelec on next release as unsure what's actually causing nuc issues

Cheers

Why would you complain about a file stuttering that is just released in theaters? It is a pirated movie and it is going to have issues.

Hi , thanks for the reply. That was a file I usef quickly to test . I have actually wiped all of my movies on my hard drive by mistake when trying to do a clean instal.(approx 2tb so not happy, thought I put that on the thread but must have put it on my refresh issue post)
    Agree I shouldn't have used that movie but was done for quickness,sorry.
    Issue still remains though as to how I can correct on my nuc if it's possible as to why movies now stuttering .
    Thanks all

Hi all
    Is there a known issue with refresh rates ? I have a Intel dn2820 and also a chromebox both having same issue where if you play a file the screen is blank.

I then need to select another source on the tv or receiver and then return for it to work.im running version 7.0.2. Never had this issue before upgrading from openelec.

Not sure if this is known issue or not . Will try and get my head around this file logging if anyone thinks it's required.
    Thanks for any help

Hi guys
    I'm running libreelec on nuc dn2820 and on certain files I'm getting a stuttering picture when films are panning etc. Is there a setting on kodi I can change ?
    (Was same on openelec too), it's not a buffering issue , maybe a grand drop.
    Strange thing is same movie plays skip/drop free on my firestick.
    Possibly needle in a haystack but any advice appreciated
    Thanks Jamie