Posts by chook55

Hello all,

So I finally got my argon one pi4 case running libreelec 10.0.1. Followed the install instructions with the script and as expected the fan does not work. Power button works fine. The only option I have in the config file is fan on/off but whatever I do the fan does not work.

Anyway after reading this topic I have tried several things listed here but nothing has worked so far. So what I have done so far is I have installed the modified "argoneone-config" file as mention in the first page (i think about 5 or 6 posts down). What this has done is given me extra options to control the fan ie temp, speed etc. I know this works because it re writes those values I set into the "argononed-conf" file, however fan is still not working.

Have I missed something here? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

matzo70.

This is what I did.

RPi4 LibreElec11Nightly Dated 20220210.

I use a Just Boom Digi Hat. I use the SPDIF from this to the AMP.

SPDIF Passthrough set for AC3 transcoding as per guide.

Observations via SPDIF to AMP.

AC3 is good. 5.1 channels indicated and plays fine.

AAC 2 channel are indicated as 2 channels and plays 2 channels.

AAC 5.1 channel displays as 2 channels but is silent.

E-AC3 5.1 channel displays as 2 channels but is silent

I'll send a log in several hours if it will help.

FYI: I haven't included the kodi PR to fix this issue in my builds (I'm waiting for it to get merged), the working build linked above is a LE10 build that isn't affected by the bug.

so long,

Hias

Re RPI4 Nighlty.

I noticed the AC3 transcoding option has reappeared in the latest 20220105 RPI4 nightly. I tried it out on several AAC 5.1 audio videos but got silence. No channels were detected. With AC3 transcoding off I get 2 front channels. The options are simplified by the removal of channel number selector with passthrough selected. It was redundant anyhow.

I look forward to your changes being implemented.

regards

chook

Anyone has the ideia how to install this? seens better for controlling the argon fan..

https://gitlab.com/DarkElvenAngel/argononed

You or someone needs to build the daemon. It says to clone the repository and make the requisite files. This seems fine if it were dealing with a myriad of hardware types. If someone has a GIT build environment set up perhaps you could try? My fan and button setup are working fine using previous solutions. So if it isn't broken don't fix it. Perhaps contact the author to contact the developers and post a plugin.

RPI4 Libreelec 11 Nightlies.

Regarding Audio Transcoding.

Are we going to see AAC 5.1 or AC3Plus 5.1 passthrough transcoding to AC3 5.1 anytime?

It seems the option to transcode AAC was dropped some time ago.

Currently plays AAC 5.1 and DDP 5.1 audio channels as 2 channels with or without AC3 capability enabled in settings. Sometimes the channels get mixed up. Only option is to listen through the TV speakers.

The occasional crashes / kernel panic encountered on LE Nightly 20211224 & RPi 4B.

Some crashes were due to unexpected USB reset (I am running LE from HDD connected through USB/SATA adapter so the USB disconnect leads to total crash). The current LE Nightly build is less stable than before.

ghtester,

I wonder if your HDD is powered or is it powered via USB? Maybe the HDD is drawing too much power from the RPi4. See if a powered USB3.0 hub helps. I use a Targus 4 port USB3.0 hub with a 4A power supply. The USB hub hosts a HDD and my boot SSD.

Can confirm, nightlies are broken since 20211220. Last good one is from 20211218

Crashlog RPi4.arm-nightly-20211222-b0c6e41:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Crashlog RPi4.arm-nightly-20211221-9284c92:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Crashlog RPi4.arm-nightly-20211220-9284c92:

Killom,

I note there are just now two new Nightlies for the Rpi4. The one dated 202112022 works OK but looks like it's a special development release from Hias. The latest one posted just moments ago is dated 20211224. I'll try it when i get a chance.

chook

Until something happens in this area I have resorted to converting some unplayable AAC 5.1 and E-ac3 files to ec3-5.1 (Dolby Digital) using FFmpeg scripts or Batch Converter. It takes less than a minute to convert the audio in most cases.

First impressions are good. If you use the "Audio Profiles" add on you can switch to HDMI to passthrough in a second.

The "Audio Profiles" add on in the Kodi addon / Program add ons repository. Thanks to developers pksout, notoco and Regss.

chook

When I changed to a 2.0 spec cable the plastic connector molding was a little larger. I use the Argon 1 case. The connector didn't feel right so I marked it out and filed the case so the connector fitted properly. It was a millimeter or two that needed filing so the connector clicked in properly. I guess it depends on your connector.

Not sure if this is the issue: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=362843

Sounds like a patch is needed for ffmpeg 4.4 to support ac3 encode. Not sure if this is present.

RPI4B LG OLED TV, Marantz SR5500. JustBOOM DIGI-S/PDIF to AMP. TV-S/PDIF to AMP.

I can use either path to get multichannel sound out to AMP.

DTS and ATMOS, THX work fine. DOLBY AC3 and AAC media on KODI play in stereo only.

OK I have the TV to myself today.

I discovered a bug.

I removed the Justboom HAT and config code to temporarily remove any unknowns.

I used HDMI from the with SPDIF passthrough from my TV set to Optical out. So the TV plays back in 5.1 channels to the AMP from both TV direct first and then through KODI.

I tested this with my sample DOLBY ATMOS and DTM files. These all played perfectly. I noted that all of these samples are H264 DOLBY or DTM 5.1 channel codec videos.

When I play H265 encoded files they play in 2 channels only. I checked again with a non demo H264 encoded Dolby Video and 5.1 channels worked perfectly.

So I suspect there is a bug in that H265 encoded videos are no longer able to decode polyphonic audio. I will re-code one of the H254 DOLBY demo files to x265 and confirm KODI is no longer decoding this properly.

chook

My theory doesn't hold true. I converted "THX Deep note Genesis4k.mkv" which never displayed BTW, to HEVC-265 and resized it to 1920x1080. It plays fine. So I'm back to square, one. I try re-coding some of the x265 videos to 265again. See what happens.