Posts by void

Did a new fresh install and installed only the Bluetooth Audio Changer device. When Kodi is running I don't get any audio output at all, but if I ssh into the device and run systemctl stop kodi and pactl load-module module-udev-detect I suddenly can start streaming music again from my Android phone.

So I can at least confirm that streaming works, it's not a HW related problem, and thus I just have to assume it's something that's become broken in either LibreELEC or the add-on itself with an update at some point.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # pactl list short sinks
        1       alsa_output.0.iec958-stereo     module-alsa-card.c      s16le 2ch 44100Hz       RUNNING
    LibreELEC:~ # pactl list short sources
    4       alsa_output.0.iec958-stereo.monitor     module-alsa-card.c      s16le 2ch 44100Hz       IDLE
    5       alsa_input.0.iec958-stereo      module-alsa-card.c      s16le 2ch 44100Hz       SUSPENDED
    7       librespot_sink.monitor  module-null-sink.c      s16le 2ch 44100Hz       SUSPENDED
    12      bluez_source.14_9F_3C_81_30_CC.a2dp_source      module-bluez5-device.c  s16le 2ch 44100Hz       RUNNING

It'd be great if someone from the developer team could look into this.

Tried a fresh install now, but still doesn't work. Basically, everything else here works; the Alle DigiOne works just fine, audio is as expected both when playing video and music through e.g. librespot. Bluetooth works fine for transferring files, etc, so can't be that either. For me it boils down to that there must be something wrong with how the plugin works.

As mentioned in my previous post there are little to no information about what/how the output device in the config of the add-on should be listed. If one select the default settings, it wipes whatever is in the Audio device field. Since this add-on is a Team LibreELEC add-on I assume someone in the developer team is the right person to contact here? Would be nice if the add-on listed the possible options of output devices like e.g. the librespot add-on does, in that way you at least know in which format it should be presented. At the moment I can't tell if it's not working because 1) I have specified the output device in the wrong format (see my previous post), or if it's because there are some flaws with the add-on itself.

Also, this should maybe be placed in add-on support subforum, sorry for posting in the wrong subforum to begin with.

Thanks for the feedback: Tried upgrading to LE 9 Alpha 3 now (including the corresponding version of the add-on for LE 9), but no luck.

Also tried to remove add-on, reset all BT related settings in system menu (including pairing with phone again). Pairing seemed to work fine, so it seems to me that the BT part actually works as it should. Can try to set an upload folder and see if I can send files to the pi3+ though.

New log (seems to be the same errors as yesterday):

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Will try to do a fresh install later today, hopefully I'll figure it out before it comes to that though.

Noticed one thing now; in the settings for the Bluetooth Audio Device Changer the audio device is set to iec958:CARD=sndallodigione,DEV=0, in e.g. librespot it shows default:CARD=sndallodigione, could this related to the problem?

Been using Bluetooth Audio Device Changer add-on to be able to stream music from my Android phone to Kodi on my pi3+ for a month now. When I wanted to play some music today it wouldn't play anything, and when checking the logs it seems like something has happened, but I can't really figure out how to solve it. I've tried rebooting Kodi, power cycling by pulling out power cable, however, no luck so far. Also tried disabling and re-enablig bluetooth + uninstalling and reinstalling (also tried both versions available in the add-on repo) the Bluetooth Audio Device Changer add-on, but nothing. When I try to enable the addon I get an message about an error and that I should check the log file for more details.

I've uploaded some of the log files to pastebin:
    /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

/storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crash.log:

If anyone has any input that can help me solve this it'd be great. If other log files are needed, let me know.

One more thing, is it possible to use the Kodi/LibreELEC as a BT audio receiver? I've enabled BT inside Kodi/LibreELEC and paired the pi3 with my Android phone, but when I connect the phone to the pi3 no audio is played, so I assume there are some more settings that need to be tweaked in order for this to work. Ideally I'd be able to stream music over BT from the phone to the pi3 and the Allo DigiOne board that's connected to my stereo receiver with S/PDIF.

If anyone has done this and can give me some pointers that'd be appreciated! Probably only thing I'm missing in the setup now, otherwise I gotta say LibreELEC works like a charm.

Update: Seems like the "Bluetooth Audio Device Changer" add-on is what I need - problem solved!

Have you added "dtoverlay=allo-digione" to config.txt ?

Yeah, I figured this was the missing piece. Was just caught a bit off guard since I came from a Volumio installation where the DigiOne was among the options in the settings so no need to change any files there.

With Volumio I never managed to get both Kodi and Spotify to work side by side, LibreELEC vs Volumio: 1-0, so far.

Anyone who could give a few pointers on how to activate the DigiOne board as output for sound in LibreELEC 2.8.5?

Basically, I'd like to be able to use spotify connect w/o having the TV on, but also use the DigiOne output when watching whatever I play from the RPi3.

So far Spotify works fine, but only when TV is on and through HDMI. I've tried selecting ALSA output (default bcm2835 alsa) in audio config and rebooted, but no changes. Should the DigiOne show up here in the list explicitly?

Since I'm new to this I'd be great if someone just have a quick guide for how to get this up and running.

Update: Did some more googling and seems like the missing piece was adding dtoverlay=allo-digione in the config.txt. Problem solved now, works exactly as I want it.