Posts by embyplex

Hi Klujum,

Thanks for your comment.

Killing the Plex container ended the disk writes, but I also have all of PMSs auto update functions enabled

Yet, the external disks (2,5", USB powered) keep spinning with flashing diodes even after I completely shutdown the device.

Tonight i'm going to have a look at the BIOS options and maybe try a different PSU.

Hi Community.

I'm having quite an issue with my generic libreELEC setup, using an i3 gigabyte brix with several external hdds attached.

A few weeks ago two of them failed shortly after another, and the majority of my media library died with them.

Monitoring the disk usage, i found that the attached hdd's are constantly in use, with writes of 20 to 50 KB/s, even when I stop the kodi process.

The disk usage drops when I stop the (idle) Plex container.

Since i am running the rig 24/7, i was wondering whether there are any power-management options available?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Community,

I'm using LibreELEC Generic.x86_64-sky42-9.0.0-#190130, for the added Crypsetup.

The machine acts as a media server and nzbget client, with several external USB HDDs.

They are encrypted with LUKS, the volumes are NTFS formatted, because I *thought* that I may wanted to access them via libreCrypt from one of my windows machines.

However, yesterday my download destination HDD failed.

It is still recognized as as a blockdevice (shows with "blkid"). i was also able to successfully unlock the LUKS volume.

Unfortunately, i can not mount the /dev/mapper/xx volume --> "Failed to read NTFS $Bitmap: Input/output error"

I attached the HDD to a windows machine, and the drive is not recognized. It appears in the hardware manager for about a minute, before it disconnects. Hence, I am unable to perform a filesystem check.

At the moment, I do not have access to another linux box.

Are there any tools available on libreELEC to check and fix the corrupt NTFS filesystem, like ntfsfix?

Any help is much appreciated, since I am facing the loss of about 3 months of data.

Thank you very much!

Hi LibreELEC Forum,

I'm using LE for my media center solution, but also have quite some services running in the background.

Can you recommend a (free) monitoring solution with good logging abilities for network (traffic/access), filesystem etc?

I can't seem to find a decent solution (that I would be able to install) :/

Thank you very much for your hints!

Kind regards,

XX

Hi LE forum,

I recently built a new htpc and switched from 8.9rPi to to the sky42 Generic.x86_64 builds.(LibreELEC 8.90.007-1.0#181122)

LE 9.0 with more hardware accelerated encryption and dm-crypt

However, when i try to install a new skin, i get the following error: "The dependency for xbmc.gui in version 5.14.0 could not be resolved".

The Kodi Versoin is:

shell:/usr/lib/kodi # ./kodi.bin --version

18.0-BETA5 Git:18.0b5-Leia Media Center Kodi

Copyright (C) 2005-2018 Team Kodi - Kodi | Open Source Home Theater Software

Any help is appreciated!

-- UPDATE--

The file /usr/share/kodi/addons/http://kodi.binary.global.gui/addon.xml contains:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<addon id="kodi.binary.global.gui" version="5.12.0" provider-name="Team Kodi">

<backwards-compatibility abi="5.10.0"/>

<requires>

<import addon="xbmc.core" version="0.1.0"/>

</requires>

</addon>

And the file /usr/share/kodi/addons/http://xbmc.gui/addon.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<addon id="xbmc.gui" version="5.13.0" provider-name="Team Kodi">

<backwards-compatibility abi="5.13.0"/>

<requires>

<import addon="xbmc.core" version="0.1.0"/>

</requires>

<extension-point id="skin" schema="skin.xsd"/>

</addon>

Kind regards,

Hi Community,

I just switched from a RaspberryPi3 to a Gigabyte Brix GB-BKi3HA-7100 and am using Sky's LE builds.

(LE 9.0 with more hardware accelerated encryption and dm-crypt)

When I used my RPi, LE auto connected to the PulseEight CEC "Device" and I could conveniently control it via my IR remote.

Do you know how I may enable it on the Brix?

Gigabyte Support has not been helpful (yet).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Hi Chewitt,

Thank you very much for the hint... -.-

BUT, am I missing something again?

I have installed the Add-On, and configured my Playlist under Add-Ons > User Add-Ons > PVR Clients.

Unfortunately, I dont find it in the "usual" Addons Section. And don't know how to start the streams :/

Any help is appreciated!