Posts by mo123

please can you let us know any timeline when the new version will getting release. (any tentative update)

New preliminary mainline 5.x kernel images should be available next week or before the end of April for RK3328/RK3399 for testing.

You have to remember that HDR(awaiting Intel patches) and 10-bit support is now wip and won't work as on 4.4.x kernel images.

HD Audio is also wip but will be developed further for mainline kernel.

H264, H265, interlaced support is also being redesigned so there will be new issues and improvements.

So 4.4.x kernel images are the most stable until support for all the components get merged into mainline kernel.

I'm thinking more the Rock64 issues are hardware related since the stuttering can't be reproduced on other devices.

Beelink RK3288 devices also had stuttering that couldn't be reproduced on other RK3288 devices and it turned out it was because of low quality RAM chips that were used.

Also Pine seems to have abandoned the device and making empty promises to users.

But I hope I'm wrong and with the Linux v5 kernel that LibreELEC developers are working on, it would improve things.

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I just bought a Rock64. I am experiencing CEC issues with my Philips TV. The CEC device gets registered on startup but it does not work. I installed the Rock64 image version 8.90.014.

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Use a newer image.

Index of /

The one you're using is ancient.

edit: the cpu governor is set to performance by default.

new nightly release today installed on my rock64 and the problem persists.

Did you try a faster micro-sd card?

You can manually turn it to OnDemand or Interactive(which is even better), it really helps with stability to decrease temperature and heat compared to Performance that always runs at the highest CPU speed.

feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

MVR9 RK3328 users run their devices for hours without any freezes or crashes, but maybe it is because of a better heatsink and higher quality DDR4 RAM used. You can also use a USB cooling fan to make sure the device runs stable and doesn't downclock because of high temperatures.

mo123

I tried your image with the official .dtb file and it booted up fine, I installed the Netfix plugin nad had similar issues to the official build, just worse.

When it tries to download the Chromium image to extract libwidevine it starts, get's a little way, then crashes ... I tried about 10 times, just won't complete ..

I am about to give up, just takes too long to sort out .. maybe I will wait until Rock64 image is more stable ..

The Chrome image downloads fine for me but takes a while.

Someone must really make a small addon that just downloads the Widevine DRM files and not a whole Chrome image.

You can try to substitute your dtb file from current image into this by editing the extlinux.conf file and see if it works.

feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

Some Widevine addons you mention access hardware decoding with Widevine since they have direct access to streams but Netflix and Amazon Prime use a much more secure method that can only be software decoded, this causes the slow down.

For this you can only play 720p smoothly for those 2 addons with a RK3328 device.

Only RK3399 can play 1080p for those 2 addons.

chewitt

Thanks. However I recreated a new log by re-trying the widevine install, and this time it actually completed. Crazy ..

I do notice though, that playback is terrible, jerky and only 11FPS and 240%CPU (out of 400%)

Any idea's on that? ... normal 1080P plays at 30FPS and the gui at 4K is the same ..

Cheers

You have to build your own LibreELEC image with Widevine software decoding support for Rockchip.

The nightly images are not optimized and won't work properly for such content.

See the RK3328 images I made with extra patches for 720p Netflix.

Hello,

Sorry for my question, but what is the difference between the RK3328 and the RK3399?

I'm using my Libreelec to access at my media (movies, music and picture) + liveTV via MythtV (Mythfrontend). I would like to know what the RK3399 can do than the RK3328 can't do? And vice versa?

I have read the specification, but I'm lost, and not sure to understand everything.

Thank you.

RK3399's CPU is about 2.5 times faster.

GPU for gaming is about 5x faster.

RK3399 can also software decode 1080p Netflix in LibreELEC compared to RK3328, only 720p.

Normal 1080p, 4K video playback will be similar on both devices. and not much different with LibreELEC, only Android gaming and heavy apps will benefit on RK3399.

If you can afford a RK3399, get it, otherwise RK3328 is cheaper.

Klojum - ok ... so does the Rick Pi 4 then ?

Deinterlacing happens automatically, the settings that are greyed out are for software decoding, not hardware decoding that is used on all RK3399 devices.

Yes Rock Pi 4 supports H264, H265 and VP9 hardware accelerated video playback.

The bookmarks problem is a Kodi problem that will most likely be fixed by Kodi Team.

mo123

Since using your build I had no crashes anymore! Thanks much.

Glad I could help.

Interactive governor makes a big difference compared to Performance, since the device doesn't have to run at full speed the whole time and it's still optimized for good speed. I think the other DVB changes added, also helps.

I read it was an Inputstream problem that streams can't cache ahead in addons like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video.

Hope someone will look into it, so users with slow connections can also use cache so streams don't buffer.

I'm also working on Android Oreo firmware to improve things, hope to add more features next week.

Fractional frame-rate 23.976hz support in Kodi 18 is already working.

I'm also trying to get support added for UT5 Pro RK3399 and UT3 RK3288 to LE, so 1080p Netflix can work on these devices.

Thanks build works but tvh and oscam still not working.

this is tvh log

Code
    /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tvheadend: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Not sure if it will work.

Here are the tvh and oscam addons I build against the new image.

Unzip to get the separate zip files.

MEGA