Posts by mo123

Kwiboo

A user that has a Sony Bravia tv says with HDMI CEC with the tv's Bravia remote,

he can't use the remote for up/down left/right run/stop etc. on RK3328 images.

I asked he must most the model number too.

Is there a way to get logs for troubleshooting for this remote, what steps to do, or something you can add to CEC code to help with Sony Bravia remotes?

That would be great.

Deinterlacing is not a problem as all 720i/1080i H264 or mpeg2 uses hardware decoding correctly.

Addons like Netflix and Amazon Prime display everything in 720p/1080p and there are no interlaced content on there.

I tested Netflix on your new build:

CPU usage seem to have gone down, eg using 30-50% CPU on all cores, sometimes with a few spikes when playing 720p Netflix streams with Inputstream h264, software decoded.

But the audio is crackling and 720p h264 Inputstream software decoding still plays in slow motion with stuttering with this lower CPU usage.

I hope your new direct-to-plane software decoding can help so video playback in such a case can be smoother.

Thanks

Kwiboo

Can you include one of the patches mentioned here?

[GLES] memcpy instead multi glTexSubImage2D for planes with pitch by peak3d · Pull Request #15286 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

Amlogic LE builds seem to play software decoded 720 Netflix better now with those changes.

Maybe it can help with RK3328 software decoding Inputstream DRM streams too like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video etc?

I get the following compile error:

LinuxRendererGLES.cpp:286:19: error: 'GL_UNPACK_ROW_LENGTH' was not declared in this scope

Compile error: [C++] GL_UNPACK_ROW_LENGTH error - Pastebin.comSeems the LibreELEC Kodi code is different then Kodi Github branch.

I've been looking at the Tinkerboard S, RockPro64 and the Renegade Elite

Which is a better choice currently, RK3228 or RK3399? Which of these devices have generally been most stable/best performing?

I'm just unsure which one of these is the best to device to get at the moment, so any experiences or help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you also looked at Radxa Rockpi4 or Khadas Edge, both based on RK3399?

Their Linux support will be good.

I can't seem to get the Firefly ROC-RK3328-CC to play video properly. It will try to start the video but can't render it fast enough because it doesn't seem to have hardware acceleration. I have tried using NFS and onboard movies. They are h.264.

I also noticed that the only audio option is for analog not HDMI passthrough.

As a side note I also installed the Firefly Ubuntu version and with VLC, mplayer, and Kodi couldn't get 24.# fps.

Are you using the latest LE builds?

HDMI Passthrough support hasn't been added for any RK3328 devices yet, it's being worked on for the mainline kernel 4.20

reboots happen during watching dvb HD channels (720p) in livetv. I now tried deactivating bluetooth in extlinux, maybe this helps. Will report back.

Test builds with New kernel would be interesting.

You can also check what dvb addon is used and in the Kodi forums for the addon or under the Linux section check if there is any particular problem with that addon or also report it there. It is most likely an addon problem or bug then. Maybe there is a new version of the addon already available, then need to build a new LE. Please check if it's possible to post a log if the problem happens or use SSH from a PC to access the last saved log.

You can also press 'o' during video playback to check what codec is used, if hardware acceleration or software decoding is used, not sure if it also works during dvb playback.

I see if you use 'Power off' and then turn off your device and the tv and turn the power back on and it boots into LE automatically,

then the default resolution is 720p and auto frame-rate switching is not working anymore.

Then I have to use 'Reboot' in the Power off menu before it goes to 4K and auto frame-rate switching works again.

Kwiboo Is there a solution to this problem on RK3328 and possibly RK3399?

I hope test builds with 4.20 RK kernel can also be available soon for users to test and report bugs on, but beta builds are probably still months away.

I'm experiencing sudden reboots with the latest builds on my mvr9 box. There is no crash log and nothing suspicious in the logs.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Do you play any particular video stream or use dvb, pvr addons?

If it's a problem with some online video but not local stored media, can you post a link to such media causing problems so someone can also test?

I've been using LE on my MVR9 for the past week with no issues playing media from a USB3 drive.

Awesome.

If I run into issues with LE (as it's in alpha), I was actually planning to use ayufan's 7.1 nougat android tv build, as this seems to be the most popular on the Pine64 forums. I assume this should have no problems running 10-bit HEVC?

10-bit H265 doesn't work in any Pine Android firmware as their firmware uses code older than Sep 2017 and 10-bit was only added by Rockchip in Feb 2018. It seems they completely abandoned Android, so only Armbian and LE is useful on such a device.

Maybe MXPlayer can still play it in Android, not sure.

10-bit HEVC works in LE but not in Android as Pine uses very ancient Android firmware.

HDR10 and HLG HDR works but not HDR10+ or Dolby Vision.

1GB RAM is enough for LE for 4K as it uses less than 300MB RAM.

1080p works fine.

Do you mean a reboot from within le? Reboot isn't possible, if bluetooth is activated on mvr9.

I never got the message you describe in point 3.

Step 3 also didn't show for me.

After pulling out the power cord and connecting power again and using the ir remote to click on it, it then showed the message.

Try pulling the power out 1 or 2 extra times if it doesn't work the first time.

Now I need to try to flash Android back from another device I made a backup from.

mo123

Thanks for latest build, works fine so far.

Install to emmc has no function for me.

For EMMC users can try:

1. Boot LE for a second time.

2. Use the ir remote to click on 'Install to emmc'.

3. It will now display a message to ask if you want to do it.

4. It takes about 1 minute then the screen will turn blue/black.

5. Remove power and the micro-sd card.

6. Connect power and it will boot to LE.

Very important

Please make a Full backup first before doing 'Install to emmc'.

The backup might take 25-50 minutes depending on the speed of the micro-sd card.

For safety leave it for 1 hour and do something else.

With a backup, you can restore Android again.

Without a backup, you won't be able to flash Android from a PC anymore, only from LE.

I will see if I can make a backup for users that might have flashed to emmc and forgot to make one.

Changelog

Updated mpp

- [h265d]: Fix error on multi-frame packet decoding

- [mpp_dec]: Fix eos on info change

- [vepu]: Fix row length errror when not aligned

Updated DVB addons

- tvheadend42: update

- dvb-latest: update to 2018-12-07

Install to EMMC updated

MVR9 (numbered remote)

MEGA

NT-N9 (orange D-Pad remote)

MEGA

There is a problem with VP9 files, now fixed with the updated mpp.

I submitted a new patch for the ir remote used on MVR9.

It should fix the mute, menu and back buttons.

Support for RK3328 MVR9 ir remote by mo123 · Pull Request #3067 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Changelog 13-11-18

- Fixed mpp

- Improved MVR9 remote

For 24K remote with numbered keys - MVR9

Please test if the mute, menu and back keys work better now

MEGA

For orange D-Pad remote - NT-N9

MEGA