Posts by mo123

Hi

Here are new images with the latest mpp deinterlacing support and high cpu usage/HEVC problem fixed I built with Kwiboo's changes.

Will try to make Rock64 and Ugoos dongle images later if needed.

I don't know if deinterlacing will work since Kwiboo uses ffmpeg for mpeg2 playback, maybe that needs to be disabled first?

I will do some tests later.

MVR9 - (With numbered ir remote, same used as in Rockbox RK3328)

MEGA

HPH NT-N9 - (With Orange/Red D-Pad ir-remote)

MEGA

Hmmm, thats strange. Considering that the Pine64 webpage advertises the Rock64 (with RK3328) as "64-bit 4K60P HDR Media Board Computer". Well it does not mention with what encoding, tho :D

Will do

Kwiboo

This video causes the device(trn9) to completely freeze and shutdown on both Android Kodi 18 and LibreELEC.

The World in HDR in 4K (ULTRA HD).MKV

I hope this is the correct link, I can't remember where it was downloaded from.

Video is 2.34 minutes long using the VP9 codec.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0bxj6tuym3nwjwhu5zjmzlufpofe

Hardware mpeg2 decoding is using my experimental ffmpeg rkvpu hwaccel that does not check on errors from VPU, I will activate mpeg2/4 hw decoding from rkmpp decoder once deinterlace support is working properly. Should hopefully fix these kind of issues.

VC-1 is supported by hw but not by mpp library, unclear if it will be added as it is a proprietary video format from Microsoft.

Hi

These changes to add support for mpeg2/4 & h264 to ffmpeg for Rockchip can't perhaps help you, or you already know about it?

Not sure if it's for Android, Linux or both.

But maybe it's better to wait for a working mpp that also handles h265 together with all the other formats.

Commits · JamesLinEngineer/FFmpeg-RK · GitHub

Nice! Everything (still) working nicely. I will test this build a bit more, but I don't presume I will find more errors. My personal highlight is still the 10bit thingy running.

Something else that caught my eye tho: While digging trough my media library for things to test, I actually found a (1080p) VC-1 movie file. It runs in SW, and rather bad. The video playback to slow, and not in sync with audio (just like 4k BBB). Two things to note: While the RK3328 should be able to decode VC-1 in hardware - I presume LE integration will not be feasible soon? Nevertheless, I would have been under the impression that the RK3328 would be able to decode VC-1 in software sufficiently. Maybe this is worth taking a look at (I think I read somewhere that the RaPi 3 can decode VC-1 in software - hence the thought).

10-bit H264 Level 5.2 videos also run in Android Kodi 18 on RK3328 hardware accelerated if you use firmware with the latest code from Rockchip and disable the 10-bit H264 blacklist in Kodi code. I also have VC-1 hardware accelerated playback with MediaCodec in Kodi 18 with 30% CPU usage instead of ffmpeg with 100% CPU usage you would have. But it seems VC-1 videos still play a little slower than other videos, you need Oreo instead of Nougat for it to work better. Rock64 Android Nougat firmware code is now almost 10 months behind RK code and that causes problems.

I don't think VC-1 LibreELEC support would come soon since VC-1 is a patented codec from Microsoft and difficult to play software decoded, unless Rockchip finds a way to decode it with mpp in Linux to access the VPU directly and not use ffmpeg which the CPU can't handle.

If only someone could find a way to dual-boot Android, LibreELEC on RK3328 with petitboot, it would make things very interesting.

GitHub - omegamoon/petitboot-rkbin

Kwiboo Do you know an easy way to get the SHA hash values of a specific commit of a package?

Eg. if you change a package commit eg. mpp to 89a1fd3, how do you calculate the hash value?

I can only get it for downloaded files, not whole github repo's at a specific commit.

LibreELEC's build process seems to calculate the correct ones and tell you if it doesn't match.

Thanks

Hi

Does someone know if it's possible to add 2 ir remotes to one device for Rockchip RK3328?

I'm not sure if you need to add 2 of the same entries or one line with a comma with the next remote name.

eg. in the dtb file I want to add 2 ir remotes

ir-receiver {

compatible = "gpio-ir-receiver";

gpios = <&gpio2 RK_PA2 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;
    + linux,rc-map-name = "rc-trn9";

+ linux,rc-map-name = "rc-pine64";

pinctrl-0 = <&ir_int>;

pinctrl-names = "default";

status = "okay";

};