Posts by Elitlogik

No need for a syncing solution as the setup is a one-time event... Right? :)

Well, if you make changes on one device, the change should be reflected on all other devices. Settings, libraries, access control etc. So, we need some kind of sync.

But the root problem is really this:

KODI needs to offload the control plane on to a central server service. That service is in control of remoting devices. The service can synchronize two or more devices. The KODI on screen buttons really sends commands to the service, which in turn sends the action to the device.

Then we can have true central control of how many devices we want, with multitenancy.

KODI should be the video alternative as the Logitech Media Server is for music.

The configuration is your personal settings and independent of the type of device.

Of course, the KODI Server can exist in the same device as the KODI Client, just as piCorePlayer merges LMS and a software player onto the same device.

I think the Chrorus 2 web interface is just awful and useless. It should be central to the KODI solution.

Some of the scraped posters are crap, so I found and easy way to change them... Through the web interface. Edit - Poster - URL. The poster did change in the web interface, but not on the device itself. Even though I rebooted it, the old scraped posters hasnt changed. The URL-posters arent available in the “select image” meny within the on-device LibreELEC interface.

Wasnt the feature supposed to change the poster in the device library?

Thank toy for your support!

Hi,

I'm new to LibreELEC, so excuse me if I ask stupid questions.

I'd like to use LibreELEC and Raspberry PI 3B+ only for movies stored on my NAS.

I'd like to have two profiles, which one of them are for children.

It would be awesome if the children profile only shows the movies' posters (around 80) in a image carousel, with no more options than Start From Beginning or Start From Last Position. Upon Exit they would need to enter a PIN code.

Is that possible? Do I need a special skin to solve this, or is it possible with the standard version?

Thank you very much for your support!