Posts by HomerJau

An update:

I now have everything running in LE12 nightly, including Atmos TrueHD and DTS -HDMA.

I bought a NUC11 back in April last year but it was unstable when running 4K HDR movies on the Omega beta back then, so I never used it. I just updated with latest LibreElec Omega nightly (8 months from last tests) and all running perfectly, including 4K HDR with Atmos TrueHD. I just played a whole bunch of test media/codecs and all perfect. I played 15 minutes of Titanic 4K HDR no glitches.

The NUC11 has HDMI 2.0b, I wonder if that’s the issue, the new AVRs have HDMI 2.1. My NUC8’s are HDMI 2.0a. The NUC11 also has update graphics engine so maybe it’s that?

If any dev has an idea of what’s going on with the NUC8 that would be interesting to hear.

THX

I just bought a new Denon AVR-X4800H and using an Intel NUC with LibreElec (latest Omega nightly). No Atmos TrueHD or DTS- HDMA. It does play Dolby Atmos JOC (DD+) and multichannel PCM.

When I play Atmos TrueHD the amp shows ‘Dolby Atmos’ on it’s display, hitting ‘info’ on the Remote shows no input channels active, no output channels active. When I play an Atmos Movie, perfect 4K video with HDR, no sound.

Exact same NUC and config (no change) using my old Denon AVR-X7200WA and my Denon AVR-X3400H plays everything fine. I have two identical NUCs with same version of LibreElec. Both play everything on my two old AVRs with no issues. Both don’t play TrueHD or DTS-HDMA on the new 4800H.

The Denon AVR-X4800H does play Atmos TrueHD from a test Fire TV Stick 4K Max (Android Kodi latest Omega build).

Someone on this forum else has reported same issue with a new Denon 3800H. These 2023 AVRs use HDMI 2.1 with HDCP 2.3.

I have a friend that has been using LibreElec on an Intel NUC for 4 years, same issue with his new Marantz AVR. He was using current official LE11 builds and has now bought a new Windows mini PC and runs Windows Kodi. He tried new NUC firmware no luck.

This needs to be solved otherwise LibreElec can no longer be used on latest AVRs. If Kodi Android can play ok, I presume there must be a Linux fix?

Any thoughts on why this may happen?

THX

Garry

Unfortunately the latest nightly with many nfs fixes does not solve the original issue:

Kodi with 2 x NAS (multiple movie Sources across both) slows to a crawl, buffers for ages when playing a movie when only one NAS is running, even though the movie playing in on the NAS currently running.

NFS seems to take ages to sync, buffers for several minutes. This issue only started in Omega nightlies from about 4 or 5 months ago. In previous versions of LE for last few years there was never an issue with one of two NAS not running.

The workaround is for me to ensure both nas are running. Kodi wake on lan only supports waking one device. I don’t like running my servers 24/7. Auto shutdown at 1:00am.

I just yesterday posted about this on the Kodi forum.

There were new commits earlier today for nfs fixes including in the latest Linux version committed.

We just need to wait for a new nightly build as the last one missed those commits I think.

Can any devs here kick-off a new build as I’m desperate for a fix. I even replaced all by 10GBE network which was expensive…

My Kodi post:

NFS Issues with two NAS - when only 1 NAS running

Anyone else notice that latest LE 12 nightly plays Dolby Atmos JOC (streaming Atmos) as Dolby Digital 5.1 only? Is this LE only or in all flavors of Kodi?

My Denon amp Displays the codec as 'Dolby Digital Plus' with nothing from height speakers. Previous Versions show DD+ Atmos with height speakers active.

In addition Atmos TrueHD only displays as 'Dolby TrueHD' (but plays heights) whereas it used to display 'Dolby Atmos'

I have not updated bm Denon firmware. Is it possible a recent change in the Kodi player is sending changed metadata?

THX

fab233 I can’t quote your notes about editing your last post but I have same results on my NUC8 with latest SMP build and official 11.01 LE.

Here are your notes. I wish we could get a response from the experts as this last versions of smp builds and LE with Kodi 20.1 the HDR colour is not the same as older builds:

Quote:

Edited 2 times, last by fab233: edit : probably this is NOT an HW Decode problem on KODI & N95 ! Hevc, 4k hdr10, 2k/4k DV , 2k/4k AV1 finally runs quite well when DRM PRIME is let disabled on the Player menu (as it's the default) ... BUT such runs are then w/o the rich colors of hdr10 nor with DV color mapping). More : with VP9.2 w/o PRIME, and when DRM PRIME is set on, all codecs become so slow that the mouse'arrow is like a full animated cartoon and nothing is played on the video... : these so very slow frame rates of mouse w/o any frame on screen made me upper write that they were no hw acceleration... There are, but no HDR10 nor DolbyVision for Adler chip. I used your previous 20200830 version on my GLK to decode HDR10 videos, on a Beelink X45 mini-PC, i recalled my testings and HDR10 was working in DRM PRIME with Direct to plane (that were at that time the default values) and VP9.2 was also played HDR. On this same GLK box with your latest 20230331, i got only one of my 4khdr10 video to play ok as hdr10, this w/o PRIME ! as with PRIME et EGL set (the new defaults), only washed colors (hdr,dv,vp9.2). I hope you understand what pn the road from 2020 to 2023 made all this changes ... GLK was 9.5 gen, N95 is gen-11 GPU in gen-12 CPU, but do have AV1 decoding when i3-1125g4 did not !! Still need some testing and time to get intel things working on unix ! (Saturday, 7:05 am).

Thanks. I have two NUC8 i3BEK (two rooms with LE/Kodi). I moved 2nd NUC with Dec 29 build to the system that had problems and Atmos plays without an issue.

I’ll try the NUC that had problems (with reverted build) again and test. Maybe the AVR and 4K TV being switched off has reset something external to the NUC?

I wish there was an Generic x64 sub-forum here. Anyway…

I’ve been using nightly LE 11 builds on my Intel NUC8 i3 for some time with no real issues. Yesterday I upgraded from Dec 29 build to Jan 19 and Atmos audio is skipping (missing audio for a second or so) quite often. I switched back to Dec 29 build and now that is skipping on Atmos too! I now cannot watch/listen to any Atmos movie, music…

Was there a firmware update in Jan 23 builds? Why has the Jan 23 Atmos issue not be resolved when I go back to Dec 29 build? I have not had any audio issues in LE 11 builds since early smp HDR builds over 12 months ago and none in LE 11 nightlies until the latest build.