Posts by rokitman

I've pretty much given up on the other two boxes. I bought those two ~ loaded ~ boxes not completely understanding what they really are. I see now why these things are banned. It's not what I expected and WAAY too much trouble to use.

I'm just looking for a way to run Kodi on my Acer. It won't even install properly with Windows 7 on there. I guess what I need to know is how to wipe the old Acer drive and put LebreElec on it. I'm getting a lot of conflicting info. So I thought I go to the source.

Can someone offer instructions on the proper files and procedure for doing this?

Thanx

Hi,

I'm wanting to install LibreElLEC on an Acer Aspire computer. I was told this would be the best setup for running Kodi from this particular box. It is currently running Windows 7. I have seen where all the downloads for LE are for the various versions. But just not sure about the installation process. Could someone please give me a basic walk-through of the installation to a Windows machine? I'm assuming the hard drive would have to be formatted prior to installing this OS? And would it be possable ~ or advisable ~ to add a Kodi build to this installation after completion?

I have two other Android boxes running Kodi 17.6 with the repository.slashing on them. But they seem to lag a lot and have streaming issues. I was hoping to run repository.slashing on the Acer to see if running it with LibreELEC would improve performance.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    - Dean -