Posts by kappclark

THX -

I was thinking of using the LE box as a docker "playground", teaching myself about the features..I was able to get the docker-compose installed on a plain vanilla ubuntu VM. Knowing that LE is a hybrid of sorts, are there specific instructions about how to install on LE ?

As long as we are discussing SMB vulnerability - I discovered a security announcement from Samba.org , posted in another thread..

" All versions of Samba from 3.5.0 onwards are vulnerable to a remote

code execution vulnerability, allowing a malicious client to upload a

shared library to a writable share, and then cause the server to load

and execute it. "

I added the line

nt pipe support = no

to the GLOBAL section ... as they recommend ... I do not know if the version in LE contains this

WOW - Changed 2 lines in the SMB.CONF file, and now I see all the devices in the workgroup.

In GLOBAL section, I now have:

client min protocol = SMB1

client max protocol = SMB1

browsing away ! Thankyou very much for the advice..

I recall reading that this SMB version presents a security risk, when in a corporate setting .. and that Microsoft has disabled it in Windows 10..

Recently replaced OE with LE, and so far, so good..

I have recently discovered that I cannot browse the windows network for shares via SMB in LE - the list is empty. I can connect to the shared folders by explicitly entering the addresses (smb://10.209.162.133/media) for example.

Tried to set min and max SMB versions in System->Services-SMBclient , but no soap..

I then tried adding 2 lines to the GLOBAL section of the smb.conf file

in global section smb.conf

client min protocol = SMB2

client max protocol = SMB3

but this does not repair this ...

Issue is really not a biggie, just wondering if there is a simple workaround.

Thankyou ,