Posts by atrocity

LibreELEC 9.0.1

Odroid_C2.arm

Four-channel FLAC, 24bit/96kHz with WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE_CHANNEL_MASK=0x0603 (FL-FR-SL-SR) is playing at what appears to be half-speed and as 2.0 stereo.

Running the file through SoX remix to add empty FC and LFE channels then changing WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE_CHANNEL_MASK to 0x060F (FL-FR-C-LFE-SL-SR) creates a file that plays correctly.

Both files play correctly in LibreELEC 8.2.5/Odroid_C2.aarch64.

I don't know why people cause complication for themselves with obscure formats. Go read the advice in post #2 again.

How is transcoding not causing a complication itself?

It's perfectly understandable to me if you, Kodi or LibreELEC don't want to bother with a weird format like DSD. However, since clearly some work has been put into it, I thought there may be some interest in hearing about a case where it wasn't fully operational. Apparently I was mistaken and apologize for wasting your time.

The DSD tracks play fine on an Oppo BDP-103. I'm not having much luck with DSD on an Odroid C2, either. The tracks are 5.1 and I suspect that the transcoding is just too much to sustain at that bitrate.

By the way, I don't know if it would make things smoother or not, but DSD gets transcoded to 192kHz when 88.2 is generally viewed as a better choice for that material.

It's sounds like that rip you made from CD/SACD didn't go right. I'd also rip to WAV or ISO as those are better supported file formats.

The DSD tracks play fine on an Oppo BDP-103. I'm not having much luck with DSD on an Odroid C2, either. The tracks are 5.1 and I suspect that the transcoding is just too much to sustain at that bitrate.

I'm probably something of an outlier in that I appreciate the video capabilities of LibreELEC, but my primary interest is streaming multichannel audio from DVD-A and SACD rips. To that end, I'm finding that the C2 is definitely a much better choice than even the newest Pi. While my original post said I was no longer getting dropouts on the Pi, that unfortunately didn't last. The Odroid seems quite solid, though.

I've been attempting to play a .DFF rip of "The Dark Side of the Moon" from a single large .DFF file with an accompanying cue sheet. It reliably plays the first two tracks without issue, but when it gets to the third one it starts dropping out and becomes unlistenable. I don't see anything relevant in the logs, but maybe that's just my ignorance.

Kodi Log: ZGb

System Log: ZGc

On a happier note, I'm running one of the brand new Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ boxes and this is the first time I've been able to run any version of Kodi without annoying HDMI dropouts.

Thank you for any insight!