Posts by serpi

I have an Orbsmart MW-02, where I installed LibreElec from here on an USB stick and updated it with this version 8.0.2.1 (via normal update, copy .gz to update folder and restart).

It seems that it works pretty good, even that I have not tested that much yet (WLAN is pretty bad where I tried it, I will try again with better WLAN or USB/LAN adapter).

But I had a big problem, as I cannot install the NextPVR client, it keeps telling me, that it uses the wrong API version?!

I have another little Intel PC with normal LibreElec 8.0.2 that doesn't have this problem.

Any way to get this working?

The idea was to be able to manage the databases from a server role, so you can update the databases and add new content on the same server where the files sit. Then when you boot your kodi client all the new media is there already.

You should use emby for this.

It's simply great and works very well with kodi.

Using it everyday with it's apps, web interface, Chromecast and on s905 and Intel device with LibreElec.

I hope they will not transfer kodi into client/server but at least make it optional.

Ciao, Alfred