Posts by lameventanas

After testing the nightly image from August 19th on my Odroid C2, I have some observations.

1. Kodi hangs frequently when seeking an h265 encoded video. This doesn't happen with h264.

dmesg shows:

meson-vdec c8820000.video-codec: Couldn't find ref. frame 4294967184

2. Some sporadic reboots, when playback starts, maybe at other times too. I haven't had time to check for clues with an uart cable.

3. No /flash/boot.ini file?

4. Support for common led triggers missing from kernel (ie: timer, disk, etc)

See https://test.libreelec.tv/11.0/Amlogic/odroid-c2/ for current LE11 test images. The loose plan is to resume support for older GXBB, GXL and GXM hardware with LE11.

This is great!

I've been running CoreElec until now, but they dropped support for the C2, so I came here looking for a solution and found it.

I tested one of the images there, it works well. I also built my own in ArchLinux, it was a easier than expected, thanks to the wiki.

The only problem I have is that in my old CoreElec Kodi was using /dev/fb0 to render the UI, so I could use a VNC server called aml-vnc. Now this is rendering via EGL, and I haven't been able to find a compatible VNC server for this.

Still, great news!

I use rsync frequently to send files to libreelec boxes.

The problem is rsync is installed to:

/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.network-tools/bin

So I always have to run rsync from the client with this parameter:

--rsync-path=/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.network-tools/bin/rsync

It's ugly and painful.

I know I can also change /storage/.cache/services/sshd.conf to configure sshd to allow overriding the PATH environment variable, then setting it in the client, but this is also ugly and painful.

So I propose 2 possible solutions:

1. include rsync in LibreELEC proper (instead of an addon), put it in /usr/bin.

2. symbolic link: /usr/bin/rsync -> /storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.network-tools/bin/rsync

I've been using an Odroid C2 with LibreELEC 8.2.1

I use SSH and this VNC server to control it, since I don't have physical access to it.

I decided to update it to one of the testing Milhouse builds: LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0-Milhouse-20180204074142-#0204-g92141f7 and now I can't control it anymore via VNC. Running the vnc server under strace shows that it is writing to /dev/uinput, but Kodi isn't reading from it.

On a side note, is there ever going to be a properly supported VNC addon for the Odroid C2?

Thanks in advance.