Posts by mancio61

Hi, I'm testing Alpha 8.90.005 on my Wetek Play2, running LibreELEC on a microSD card.

The player is connected through HDMI cable to my Marantz NR 1607 AV receiver (then another HDMI cable connect the AV to my Sony smart TV). This setup works perfectly with LibreELEC 8.2.5 based on Kodi 17 Krypton.

With this version, instead, after some seconds the video signal is turned off (black screen on TV). If I turn off the receiver (using it only as passthrough), the video turns on . Sometimes happens vice-versa. The video signal goes down, and when I turn on the receiver, goes up. It seems to be something relating to HDMI handshaking.

Attached to the receiver I have also a UltraHD player and other two devices, but no problems with them (and no problems with previous stable LibreELEC versions....)

Hi, I run perfectly LibreELEC 8.2.5 based on Kodi Kryton, but in parallel I'm trying to test LibreELEC Leia Alpha 8.90.005 (based on Kodi Leia Beta2).

I have a Wetek Play2 media player, and LibreELEC is running from the microSD card (not in NAND).

I'm not sure if this behavior is due to Kodi or due to the LibreELEC specific implementation for Wetek Play2.

Well, I set my video sources (movies are stored on my home NAS) , set the scraper (Universal Movie Scraper previously configured), and start the build the information movies' db. The scraper runs and, at the end it finds more or less the 95% of the info.

With Kodi 17/LibreELEC 8.2.5, if the info for the movie are not found, I can recognize it because in the Video->File>Film folder I still can see the physical filename (e.g. Mulan2 (2007).mkv ) instead of the title found by the scraper. Then, I can select the file, click on the "show information" (I'm not sure if this are the right words in english, I used italian language for the UI) and the system ask me to replace the local info with info coming from Internet; pressing "yes", the scraper runs for this specific file and a list of candidates are shown. In most of the cases, with this procedure, I'm able to find the right info for the movie.

With Kodi18/LibreELEC Alpha, instead, if I select the same menu-item, the system tell me "no info for it" (or similar...). So there's no way to force and individual scan for a title.

Andrea

I set to 4K, but AFAIK the screen resolution is related only to Kodi UI, hasn't any influence on content playback (from tuner by tvHeadend or streaming from a local content like a mkv file). I assume that even the Kodi UI resolution is set to FullHD, if I play a 4K movie, the screen resolution changes.... (at least, this is what happens on the Android version of Kodi...AFAIK)

Of course, I know very well. No chance to see at the same time two different channel from two Clients. What happened to me is different. If I see something on Device1 (obviously using tvHE) and then stop it. Then, jumping on Device2, and opening tvHE, I catch the message in the subject. The only way is disable/enable the Client. Only in this way is possibile to see something on Device2...

What exactly you don't like in picture quality? What encoding and resolution of the channels you watch?

I tried to watch both standard SD channels and HD (1024i) ones. I catch a difference between the picture managed by the TV digital tuner and the correspondant one managed by tvHeadend. Generally speaking the first one is always better. Anyhow, maybe there are some settings inside Kodi\LibreElec to obtain a better result.... honestly I don't know....

Hi all

I have a Wetek Play2 and a RPI2 both running LibreELEC. On the first one I configured successfully the tvHE Server and the corresponding Client. On the RPI2 I configure only the client (no tuner attached to the RPI2) to reference the tvHE server running on the WP2.

On the RPi2 the PVR runs correctly, the channel list is shown, but when I try to select a channel to see, the message "No free adapter available" is raised. Did I made any mistake configuring all the stuff? Is there any setting to do in the tvHE backend? Or somewhere else?

thanks in advance

Andrea

Hi all,

after some months of usage of the Android based ROM on WP2 (both the stock one and the Ricardo's ATV version) I've decided to move onto LibreELEC.

The main reason is that with Android I've got several issues in my home setup regarding basically HDMI-CEC, and synch of all the devices (e.g. using the ATv, whenever I select the input "Media Player" on my Marantz AVR, the WP2 went in suspended mode with red led in front...).

Anyway, I boot from the SDCard, LE opens and runs perfectly, HDMI-CEC works wery well and I rebuild my video Library picking up them as usual from my NAS.

Then I configure tvHeadEnd (obviously both backend and frontend) using its Web interface from my Windows PC. In addition I mounted a shared folder of my NAS, using a script running at LE startup, to configure it as recording location. Fine, all is perfectly configured and up and running.

The only drawback is the picture quality during playback. Comparing the same TV channel on WP2-LibreELEC or directly on my TV there's a big difference.

How can I improve that? Which are the best settings on Kodi\LibreELEC side to achieve the same picture quality?

I suppose to work Kodi->Settings->... but where? Are there any other settings specifics to Kodi tvHeadEnd addon or do I need to work on the tvHeadEnd Web interface under the Configuration Tab?

Thanks

Andrea

Hi all,

I succesfully configured the tvHeadEnd server on my Wetek Play2 mediabox running LibreElec (last official version). I configured from the Web interface of the tvHE server from my PC. All works fine.

Now 'm trying to set as recording location a shared folder (named TVRecs) of my Synology NAS. I set the RW permission on the NAS to this folder to the user AAA with its pwd BBB.

Then, using the file location section of Kodi, I set a new network location using SMB protocol, with Server = 192.168.x.yy, folder = TVRecs, user AAA, pwd BBB . It appears as \\IPNAS\TVRecs. Good.

Now, using the tvHeadEnd Kodi configuration addon, I set the Recording location picking up the above defined network location, and the textbox is filled with the string " smb://AAA:BBB@http://192.168.1x.yy/TVRecs/

Obviously, opening the Web Interface from the PC, in Configuration->Recording->Parameters in the field "Recording path" I see the same string.

OK, all it seems correctly configured.

Now, when I try to record a TV program, it starts but immediately stops. What I miss?

I have to say that, running an Android TV instance on the Play2 instead of LibreELEC, and setting the same remote folder using an utility provided by Wetek, and configuring in the same way tvHeadEnd on Kodi, all it works perfectly ,and I'm able to recording all the stuff on the NAS remote folder. So it cannot be an issue related to permission on the folder....

Anybody can help me?

Thanks a lot in advance

Andrea