Posts by RChadwick

Thanks for the responses!

Unfortunately, I already soldered in a DS3231 board, as it was the only board that would fit in the Zebra case I used (I had to remove the serial connector for even that board to fit)

Could I replace

fdtput -t s /flash/dtb.img /i2c@c1108500/pcf8563@51 status "okay"

echo "rtc_pcf8563" >> /storage/.config/modprobe.d/rtc.conf

With

fdtput -t s /flash/dtb.img /i2c@c1108500/ds3231@51 status "okay"

echo "rtc_ds3231" >> /storage/.config/modprobe.d/rtc.conf

?

Also, in my searching I found evidence the DS3231 uses the DS1307 driver. Could I instead:

fdtput -t s /flash/dtb.img /i2c@c1108500/ds1307@51 status "okay"

echo "rtc_ds1307" >> /storage/.config/modprobe.d/rtc.conf

I'm trying to add support for a DS3231 RTC, and the instructions I found say to edit flash/config.txt. Problem is, I don't have a config.txt. I created it, and added the line, but it made no difference. I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem, or I'm just looking in the wrong location for flash.txt

I just got a 1G/8G X96 Mini, and wanted to boot to LibreELEC from MicroSD.

1) I downloaded the image from here: libreelec-s905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.img.gz.

2) I imaged it with Win32DiskImager, as well as the LibreELEC SD installer

3) I get the file here: gxl_p212_1g.dtb, and rename it to dtb.img, and put it in the root of the MicroSD, replacing the dtb.img that is there.

4) I put the MicroSD in the X96 Mini, push the reset button, and plug in power. Instead of showing the animation, it stays at the 'X96 Mini' screen, but never goes beyond. It seems it's trying to boot from MicroSD, and taking out the MicroSD allows it to boot normally, but I can't get it to boot LibreELEC.

I have tried this about 20 times with different, tested, MicroSD cards, and different downloads. I have also tried it without replacing the dtb.img file, but no change.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

I pretty much tried that, but couldn't get it to work. Perhaps it's so simple I'm doing more than required? I had no problems with Retropie (Other than a bunch of small bugs, and non-native Kodi), but I followed the available walkthroughs. What might be extremely easy and intuitive to you may not be equally easy for someone unfamiliar. I wasn't even sure which program I should try launching ROM's from. Is there a scraper, or any ROM management? While I couldn't get any ROM's to play, I have very basic questions that could likely be answered by a video or setup walkthrough.

When I first installed LibreElec, I was free to experiment, as I tried the Emulation thing first, and I just reinstalled when I failed. Now that Kodi is set up the way I like it, I'm less inclined to experiment and mess things up.

I used to run Retropie, with Kodi added on, but decided to switch to LibreElec. Now, I'm trying to see if there is a way to play my games. I copied my ROM's over, installed Gamestarter, tried following an old tutorial, had options I didn't know what to choose, and wound up with no games, and no idea what I did wrong. Is there a step-by-step tutorial for getting game emulators to work?

I've got LibreElec on a RPi 3, with a USB hard drive. I found an old slim USB DVD/Blu-Ray drive, so i thought it might make a nice addition. I'm able to play videos, but it consists of wading through a bunch of VOB files. Not something my kids will be able to figure out when their friends want to watch a movie. So, I enabled 'Play DVD's Automatically'. This works. However, it adds an extra pop-up menu, 'Browse Videos', 'Browse Music', etc. Whenever I insert a DVD, it autoplays, but this menu pops up in front of it, and I have to hit 'Cancel'. This menu also pops up on every reboot because of the USB Hard Drive. Is there a plugin, or some other way to easily play DVD's and Blu-Ray disks, without this pop-up menu?

After reinstalling Libreelec many times, and trying two different Raspberry Pi Zero W's, I found that when the Hard Drive is plugged in while booting up, Bluetooth doesn't work. It is disabled in services, but when i re-enable it, the Bluetooth section says 'No Adapter Found'. After removing the external HD, it's working fine. Plugging the drive in after booting up works fine as well. I have a decent power supply, and no yellow lightning bolts in the upper right corner. Is this a bug perhaps?