Posts by stillamtic

ir-keytable needs to be listening on the right protocol to see anything and some remotes have odd vendor invented stuff for power-on events; for the same reason you might not be able to teach a remote that only understands specific protocols and doesn't just capture/record whatever signal is transmitted to it. I'm about to start playing around with the current official HK remote to ensure it works on mainline kernel images using mainline u-boot, but that's not an endorsement and might not be a quick solution.

Are you implying that if I were to buy the HK remote, that my MX3 variant would still not be able to learn it?

I am about to buy that remote, but I won't if it's not 100% sure that it work.

Hi all,

Searched far and wide and wasn't able to find a solution for this.

I recently purchased this remote:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/b01n0suuzs/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01?ie=utf8&psc=1

It works great out of the box with LE 9.0 and the IR learning worked fine for powering on TV and Receiver.

Where I am having issues is powering on the C2. I tried to run IR Learning to capture my harmony remotes power signal that has worked in the past, but the IR learning feature of this remote can't catch it for some reason.

Reviewing other threads I am seeing mentions of Lirc and ir-keytable, but neither of these would seem to fix my issue. Since I tried turning on the listening for my remote via ssh, when I press the programmable IR button on my remote, my C2 doesn't capture anything. So I don't have a code I can use to update my config file.

Is my only hope buying an HK Remote and hoping my other remote can learn from it or should I return this remote completely and look elsewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Sorry for the newbie question, but I can't find the answer anywhere.

I just got my Odroid C2 yesterday and I am trying to flash my Linux pre-installed eMMC w/ LibreElec

What I have:

• Windows Computer
    • USB Drives
    • MicroSD Card and adapter(would prefer not to use this as there is data on it, but not at all off limits)

What I don't have:

• eMMC Adapter

Is there any way I can flash my eMMC with LibreElec w/o having to purchase an adapter? I was hoping for easy flashing from the micro SD or USB drive, but can't seem to find a guide on this method anywhere.

Thanks in advance!