Posts by Mamzi

A friend of mine checked the videos on an android tablet yesterday evening and they play fine there, too.

So I'm more sure it's an Eminent-only problem. And without support to fix it and without the ability to change the firmware to these newer ones it's a useless player. :(

I really wish someone could recommend a good Kodi media player for me.

I know that the Dune is working, but it's rather expensive and there is a subscription for the jukebox, which is ridiculous.

Thanks, but I can see only the same 8.2 version of LibreELEC here:

LibreELEC Alpha/Beta Preview Builds – LibreELEC

I learned how to upgrade firmware from a usb drive manually, but It's the same version which plays the video wrong on Eminent right now. So I don't know what to do.

Or am I looking for it at the wrong place?*

I tried out the Plex add-on, too, and after a half minute waiting time the video plays fine there if I use the cpu (but of course it's almost at 100% cpu usage so it's not a too good solution), and if I enable h265 in the settings (so Eminent plays it from hardware), there is the black border again. But at least I surely know now that it's not a Kodi issue, even if it's only v17 and not the newer v18.

*Yeah, okay, I'm stupid, sorry, I found some other community builds:

[INDEX] LibreELEC community builds for Amlogic

I will try it.

edit: well, I can't. I downloaded and tried all of them, it says:

"Verifying update package..."

"footer is wrong"

"signature verification failed"

"installation aborted"

:(

Thank you for the suggestion, I installed and tried v20.0 now, but unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem. :(

And I asked Eminent about a fix and they just replied that they can't fix it.

Can someone recommend me a good network media player which is always up-to-date with LibreELEC and Kodi and has no problem with my file or at least has better (or actual) support? Thanks in advance.

Klojum: Since Wednesday. I wrote them again yesterday evening (and I added the 4:3 info which I encoded since then), but it's weekend already so I guess I have to wait for Monday to see if they answer.

chewitt: So, if I understand right, even if someone find an error and fix it here, I'll not get the fix on my player too easily? :(

ps: (I found another bug since yesterday evening: with saved non-smart movie/episode playlists (I wanted to create a multi-series episode viewing order), you can't set the watched flag, but I don't even know if it's LibreELEC or Kodi or a player bug, and if it's fixed in the newer versions or not, or if it's fixable at all, so I guess I will add it to my Eminent letter if they answer.)

Thanks, but unfortunatelly I can't select newer version, there are only 8.2.1 and 8.1.1 in the dialog box, there are no other options.

I didn't get a response from them yet that's why I thought maybe I'll find the solution here, in the middle of the development of LibreELEC.

Hi all,

I encoded a cropped video with Staxrip with NVENC H265 CUDA settings (and with nvencc64.exe command line, too, with native NVENC settings), and when I play it back on PC there is no problem.

But when I try to play it back on my media player, there is a black bold line at the bottom of the video and after that all NVENC encoded videos has a black border (even the Open Matte movies, the image also becomes smaller because of this border) like it would cause some kind of "windowed mode". Only a reboot solve this.

I'm not sure but I think the crop causes it (I tried command line crop and .avs script crop as well), because when I encoded videos without cropping, there wasn't any problem with them, or at least I didn't saw any black lines.

I tried with a 4:3 video, too, I cropped the black areas from its sides, and there is the black line at the right of the image when I play it back, and after that the same effect, the black border around other NVENC encoded movies.

On the PC there is no problem at all (in MPC-HC, and I just tried in VLC, too), only on my media player, which is an Eminent EM7680 4K TV Streamer (CPU: AArch64 Processor rev 4 (aarch64), Hardware: Amlogic, Revision 020a, GPU: Mali-450 MP) with the newest LibreELEC (8.2.1 kernel: Linux 3.14.29) and Kodi 17.6 (Git: a9a7a20). There is no option to upgrade only the Kodi to 18, so I can't test with that version.

I uploaded a few minutes of the video:

Zippyshare.com - a4.mkv

I don't really know if this a bug or NVENC isn't fully supported?

Thanks in advance!