Posts by hansolo77

I’m running the latest beta on a Raspberry Pi 3+. Every now and then when I need to reboot the device from within Kodi, the system locks up and I have to pull the plug. Has this been reported and is a known issue with the beta? I’d like to know if it’s a software issues that will be fixed or if it’s a problem with my SD card. It’s an older card and I’d like to eliminate that as a cause before buying a new one. Thanks!

EDIT - Problem has been ticketed with a potential solution in progress:

Reboots fail and cause lockup or freezes - LibreELEC Forum

I just did an SD card image restore back to 7.0.1. I then (out of curiosity) SFTP'd into my Pi to see that "Addons27.db" file. Believe it or not, MY file was 0 bytes in size. There was nothing there. So I'm not even sure what that file is used for, or what created it. I do know the "when" though, as it says it was created (or at least modified) on 2/5/17. I'm too tired to keep messing with this tonight, but I'm going to try erasing that file tomorrow, then use the LibreELEC addon's built in updater to see if it works afterwards. If not, I'll do what everybody else is reporting is working by SSH'ing in and erasing that file after performing up the update.

Strange though huh? A single file, with 0 bytes, causing a complete lockup of the boot sequence?

Does deleting the "Addons27.db" file cause you to lose your addons, or just the settings they have? Would this also include things like skin customizations, favorited links and remote control configs? I've heavily modified my setup with a skin using various "Super Favorites" to make home screen shortcuts. I've also had to customize the way my remote control works. I'd hate to lose all of this. The proposed fix is just a "bandaid" and not a "solution". The LibreELEC team needs to step in figure out what's really going on.

Well if this is where we're at, I'm sticking with 7.0.3 then. I left for work today knowing that 8.0.0 had been finally released. So the first thing I did when I got home was make an SD card image of my RPI3 running 7.0.1 (I haven't updated in a while). Then I booted up, went to the LibreELEC addon and did the update to 7.0.3. Then after rebooting again, I chose the 8.0.0 update channel, and then the 8.0.0 RPI2 build from the addon. Installed ok, rebooted, then stays at the LibreELEC boot screen, never loading Kodi. It would be nice if we could access a log to see what is actually locking the system up.

Has anybody tried installing one of the previous beta builds? Maybe something that was added to the 8.0.0 final broke RPI's.

Is it possible to update my installation from Jarvis to Krypton (once the v8.0.0 is released) on my Rpi 3 without having to format the SD card? I think I remember having to "start from scratch" when I installed Jarvis from Isengard. I just wanted to know for future reference, as I have a couple of devices needing upgrading..

Also, I think one of my devices is running OpenELEC Isengard... Can I do a simple update from that to Krypton too, or would that be pushing it? I think there would be enough differences between OpenELEC Isengard and LibreELEC Jarvis to make a fresh install more probable.

I poked around a little bit with the Atari 800 emulation. I found the core (atari800.so) and the info. According to what I could find, this core does indeed need a BIOS. It looks like a combination core that encorporates both computers and the Atari 5200 console. I found reference materials for this core over in the RetroPie wiki: Atari 800 and 5200 · RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup Wiki · GitHub. I've gotten close, but nowhere. I can get the core to load, but nothing displays. If I press (on my Xbox360 controller) the B button, it will eventually bring up an in-emulator menu for controlling various aspects of it. If I go in and tell it to load a program, then point to the ROM, it will come up to a screen that says I need a real OS to make it run. This is noted in the wiki reference above, but that is all the farther I got. Apparently I need to do so more work as far as configuring where it finds the BIOS files, as the core doesn't associate directly with RetroArch's default settings (and the preset path for BIOS). I'll keep messing with this when I can.

Hey Bite...
    I know you don't support RetroArch and IARL directly, you're program is just a launcher. However, your launcher installs versions of both of these that are compatible with each other. To that end, I was wondering you have any recommendations for me trying to get the Atari 800 roms available from IARL to work. I've asked the IARL author what emulator (core) I should be using, but I can't get it to work with his suggestion. He said that since MESS is now encorporated into MAME, then MAME should work. The versions of MAME that comes installed with GameStarter's version of RetroArch doesn't work with it. Do you have any suggestions? Besides the 16-bit systems, Atari 800 was the only other gaming device I grew up with and would love to have it working on my Pi.

Simple enough fix. It must have been a carry over from your "customized" installer. I made a backup copy of my config just incase and made the changes. If I don't report back, consider it fixed here too. After looking at it, it makes since why it would crash, because those "storage/emulators/retroarch/cores/" bits don't even exist.

I need to replicate this because last time I used a playlist it worked ok...

I posted over on the RetroArch forums about it. The solution that worked for me was to go in after building a playlist and configure the playlist to use a specific core rather than have it display compatible ones on loading a new game. Not sure what caused it, because this is a fresh/clean install. But.. it worked and that's good enough for me!

I posted on GitHub that the playlist for Game Boy didn't work anymore. I then said Nevermind because it was doing it with others as well. Since I've reinstalled everything fresh, the problem should be fixed, but it's not. If I ssh into my Pi and run RetroArch directly, I can see the debug log output. Every time I try to launch a game from ANY playlist, RetroArch crashes with a "segmentation fault." If I load a core first, then load the ROM into it, they play fine. It's as if the playlists aren't set up right. I don't know if I should post this over at the RetroArch forums or not. Since this is using a customized version of RetroArch...

Hey bite_your_idols (or anybody else in the know)...

Anybody know why my SNES emulation using SNES9x-Next suddenly started running at warp speed? I've lost all audio, and the frame rate is up around 90 fps. I checked my settings, even the core config files, but can't find anything that would fix it. I don't have a keyboard attached to my Pi, but I even tried connecting one just to see if I could toggle the FAST FORWARD (spacebar) and it didn't help. Anybody got any clues? It's driving me nuts! Now I can't play any SNES Games!

Related - SNES9x-Next seems to be the only core I can actually get to run. The regular SNES9x core just shows a black screen. I play for RetroAchievements, so those other cores are out because the don't support it. Anybody got some TLC for me?

Only positive feedback from me, never negative criticism. :) I know your name from somewhere too. Probably in all the other forums, like Kodi.tv, OpenELEC, etc. Nice to see the riff-raff filtered out a bit and more personal hands on interaction with developers here. Looking forward to a great adventure!