Posts by pajtaz

I have only model i4p. Maybe there is a bootloader issues to not booting there (can't check that)?

I'm wondering: why don't you copy KERNEL/SYSTEM files to openelec generated sd card? Then you don't need to use usb stick to boot.

Which files/folder would I have to copy? I have a feeling I will get the same issue. The issue is clearly with video output. Something happens that causes Kodi not to be able to output during booting and then it can't continue. It's that error:

"EGL error in CreateSurface: 3003"
    and
    "CreateWindow: Could not create a surface. Trying with a fresh Native Window."

The same errors happen no matter how many times I try to reboot. So I don't think copying the KERNEL files will do anything but I guess I can try. Currently I am still loading using OpenELEC on SD then LibreELEC from USB and I don't have another SD card to test with. Give me some time to find another SD card.

ok, didn't tested yet the vpeter image.
    but i notice that lately, everytime i reboot my cubox, i have to do it 2-3 times until it's boot fine.
    here is the crash log founded in the temp directoty.

kodi crash - Pastebin.com

and this is the kidi.log. hope it's help

15:30:14 21.847853 T:1962094592 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: speci - Pastebin.com

this is my guisettings.xml
    <settings> <accessibility> <audiohearing default="true">false</aud - Pastebin.com

I have the same issue - no picture after installation and reboot. I tried updating existing OpenELEC and installing a new image to the SD card. Both give the same result.

The only way I can get LibreELEC 7.0.2 to work is to install it on USB stick, use the existing OpenELEC installation and modify uEnv.txt to point to the USB stick to boot. Then LibreELEC can boot and I have no problems at all.

I am running Cubox-i4x4 with LibreELEC 7.0.2 image for imx6. I tried copying the guisettings.xml from the working LibreELEC on USB but that did not work. I also tried modifying the guisettings.xml manually and it also did not work - it just gets overwritten after reboot.

In the Kodi crash log it is the same log as danielk except where it says "EGL error in CreateSurface: 300b" in my log it says "3003" instead of "300b". Everything else is the same - error happens right after "Checking resolution" which is right after the list of found resolutions.

Why does LibreELEC 7.0.2 work on USB stick on Cubox with OpenELEC running first to allow to boot to USB vs directly booting from SD card? If someone can answer this question then this problem can be fixed.